Author Topic: The Temple is crumbling down...  (Read 5164 times)

guest509

Re: The Temple is crumbling down...
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2019, 10:07:58 PM »
but if you want an active forum, you can't have guys like Krice around.

At first I thought this is not worth even answering, but since there are people like you I might try to say something about this. You know, I'm just a regular user of this forum, there is nothing special about me. I can't make people leave, they make that decision themselves. My opinion about roguelikes is perfectly compatible with "Berlin interpretation" or any sane one regarding what a roguelike is. The real irony here is that you are making a personal attack based on nothing, not me. I never attack the person, only what he claims about roguelikes or any other subject.

Look at this smug horseshit. Totally innocent. Lol. Everyone else must be wrong I guess.

And to the poster above, who referred to Krice as more of an acquired taste, that's not how you run a forum. Unfortunately. Many new people won't get passed his bullshit, and no new people means no forum. It slowly withers.

It just makes me so sad this nonsense is still going on. I probably posted here thousands of times.

No need to ban me Slash, if that's something you do. I'll see about deleting this account, or otherwise not be back.

Krice

• Troll
  • Chancellor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2019, 06:21:48 AM »
and no new people means no forum. It slowly withers.

This has been happening to the genre as well, but "more" people and messages don't always equal to something better. We do have Reddit's RL dev which is quite bad. It seems like most people are using roguelikes as a weird kind of "brand" to sell their small action games. Game development has become much more money driven than it was before, because even indie developers think about money first and then what kind of games they try to do. However I really believe that roguelike genre is not going to disappear, there are still people who are doing this because they like it. Not because they want money or they have to be in a social media bubble where everything is positive to the point where the actual thing is lost.

pat

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2019, 10:21:50 AM »
Hey Krice, when are we expecting a new Kaduria release?

Krice

• Troll
  • Chancellor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2019, 08:54:19 PM »
Hey Krice, when are we expecting a new Kaduria release?

If you think positively, then next year. As I'm writing this I'm creating a unified bug/feature list. It's going to be fun. I need to focus more, it's not a secret.

Troubler

• Priest
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2019, 10:29:55 PM »
And to the poster above, who referred to Krice as more of an acquired taste, that's not how you run a forum. Unfortunately. Many new people won't get passed his bullshit, and no new people means no forum. It slowly withers.
It seems to me he's being treated like a scapegoat. It is somebody to blame, but I doubt he makes that much of a difference.
While looking for more roguelike discussion to read, I found 4chan had some relatively active threads on /vg/.
So if discussion can survive there, I doubt this one guy is enough to scare everyone alive away from the site.
I've also noticed some roguelike discussion on the rpg codex, which isn't known for being that polite either.

There are whole sites full of people like him out there.
The thing is, even they don't want to be here.
What is the common denominator then?

Krice

• Troll
  • Chancellor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2019, 08:26:47 AM »
What is the common denominator then?

Maybe it's bad areas for discussion, because there doesn't seem to be any for "blog" type posts about your project. I was thinking to put something about issue list in Kaduria just so people can see what I'm doing at the moment. But where to post it? I think "Early Dev" is the only place, but somehow it doesn't sound right. Or maybe it is. I think the most active (maybe) area in RPG Codex is Codex Workshop where people twaddle about their projects and other people bash them as hard as they can.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 08:30:03 AM by Krice »

Tzan

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2019, 03:06:05 PM »
Early dev is fine.

Krice

• Troll
  • Chancellor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2019, 09:56:46 AM »
Early dev is fine.

I started to write about my current development in Codex Workshop just because I had it there. I think how areas are in this forum is part of the problem, no offence but...