Author Topic: Dear Mr. Biskup  (Read 26972 times)

Fenrir

• Rogueliker
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Dear Mr. Biskup
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2010, 03:08:07 PM »
Ah, well, bug or feature, it was seriously my fault anyhow, as I was already aware that canceling would cost time.

No need to worry. Spellcasters in ADOM may wear and wield whatever they want, to no adverse effect, as far as I know.
That changes things some, I expect. Thanks.

Conal

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2010, 08:03:48 PM »
What makes you think he is working on JADE? Let's deal with it, his game development hobby is now over. He's working in real job and has a real girlfriend (not just jpeg ones like we have).

lol krice one day you should really speak your mind :D

Although theres truth in what you say , it is nice to think he is still working on Jade but the realist in me says its well on the back burner.

I liked ADOM alot but it seems to get grindy as hell about mid to late game which is always what stops me playing, I am tempted to start a new game but around about the time you get the portal open its a total grind for gear and I never seem to manage it

Krice

• (Banned)
  • Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2011, 07:19:29 PM »
Something seems to be happening. I think the good news is that iADOM code (fixed bugs) is ported to main version as well. But that facebook stuff makes me angry. How sad is it to ask people join facebook to get more visibility for some advertising?

Slash

• Creator of Roguetemple
  • Administrator
  • Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • Slashie.net
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2011, 01:42:12 PM »
Sad? seems like  a completely viable advertising method... you must use what you have at your disposal, and in the case of Thomas, that would be his fanbase.

I'd call it being proactive... you can battle your way thru life or just wait thing to come to you,.

Z

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • Z's Roguelike Stuff
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2011, 03:37:43 PM »
I think Thomas has made his Facebook move in a weird way. What he did is "if you are a fan, add me as a friend". I think that friend lists should be for real personal friends (of course some of them might come from the ADOM community), and ADOM fans should join a fan page. This would be probably actually even better for promotion than what he did (I see when my friend becomes a fan or a friend, but if I don't know what ADOM or Thomas Biskup is, seeing "is now a fan od ADOM" makes me interested what ADOM is, and seeing "is now friends with Thomas Biskup" makes me think it is just some person that I don't know). (I think I should mention this on his blog, but it requires registration to leave a comment, and I don't want to do that.)

Slash

• Creator of Roguetemple
  • Administrator
  • Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • Slashie.net
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2011, 03:12:59 AM »
Hmm, you are absolutely right Mr. Z... what he did was not the *right* usage for facebook...

I wonder if he knew and went against it or he was not well aware...

The good thing in the end is that a bunch of adom lovers met each other and he's getting feedback from his fans (he could have done that thru a fan page too)

Fenrir

• Rogueliker
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2011, 03:37:08 AM »
There is little reason to suppose that the man knows very much about how to use social media to the best effect. It's not like he is losing sales over it, so I don't think it is urgent that he be told, but I expect someone should tell him...

... but not before I get Mr. Biskup on my friends list!
Fenrir squeals with glee.

Darren Grey

• Rogueliker
  • It is pitch black. You are likely to eat someone.
    • View Profile
    • Games of Grey
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2011, 07:55:22 AM »
The good thing in the end is that a bunch of adom lovers met each other and he's getting feedback from his fans (he could have done that thru a fan page too)

He could have done that through his existing forums, which are currently wallowing under the burden of spam posts without an effective moderator...

But yeah, it seems he's new to Facebook and doesn't really know how it all works.  Either that or he had a bet with someone about how many friends he could get in x days.