Author Topic: Some themes, have they been done before?  (Read 30223 times)

Perdurabo

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Some themes, have they been done before?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 04:41:34 PM »
C'mon now, Perdy, why would you need to listen to anyone but Christ? He has all the knowledge of the universe, minus dinosaurs.

And Cthuhlu.

And Pi.

JDTAY

• Newcomer
  • Just Doesn't Think About You
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GL+JDTAY
    • View Profile
    • Judoband
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 11:08:10 PM »
Anyway, the guy is obviously a Democrat trying to manufacture more animosity towards Christian conservatives; That's why he has no letters in his username.

guest509

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2010, 01:27:07 AM »
  You guys are too much! I'm barely able to type from the laughing. "___" is like the funniest username I've ever seen. And his Gee Oh Dee ramblings are hilarious. But I think he's serious though...HA!

Note in my original post I said that the hardest thing with the Vatican/Catacombs theme is not offending the true believers....still laughing! :D

EDIT: BTW I've decided to go with the Space Ship theme. Thanks for the feedback. My choice was mostly based on looking over my design docs, but also I don't like making games that concern the lowest common denominator. They really ruin things. Every time.

guest509

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2010, 01:45:12 AM »
Why do  you call me that? Didn't you know what Jesus taught "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Reason who am by this: The whole world tells you to do something, that in the end brings you harm. Then you find a book that contains the recordings about a man that said his knowledge and power came from God, as you try to apply the things he taught, you find it brings you good results and peace. Whom will you listen to? The whole world or that man - God's son?

I just realized this guy left 2 posts. Not one. This one is a hypo. I'm an attorney. I love hypos. They are a good way to test logic, ethics, etc...
  In this one we have a son of the Christian God, and following said prophet's teachings leads to positive results.
  On the other hand we seem to have "the whole world", a talking planet trying to convince you to do something that results in harm.

Which path do we choose...hmmmm...talking planet or illiterate zombie...hmmm...

Well the choice is simple. You've converted me Mr. Underscore. Thank you.

Hi. Larry. Us.

____

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2010, 09:44:27 AM »
To JDTAY: I'm living in a post-soviet european country, and I'm not involved with politics. My name is not important, because I myself have nothing good in me, except what God had given me, that's why His name must be praised, not mine.

To Jo:   The teaching came from God through Jesus first, so in him that one must believe to be saved, not in a christian branch of any name.
How many posts did you make judging me? By your own words shall it be to you.
  Why do you pretend you took it literally, when clearly it's about the ways of living of this world versus Jesus' way.
It's not me who converts, it's God that does that. I just carry his word.

Hi

• 7DRL Reviewer
  • Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2010, 11:01:47 AM »
I really like '____' and I hope xhe sticks around.
You can post an introduction in the introductory thread if you want to.

Krice

• (Banned)
  • Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2010, 11:55:20 AM »
I just carry his word.

This forum is about roguelike games. Besides Jesus instructed people to keep religion in secret and not spam it on forums. Now be a nice boy and do what Jesus told.

____

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2010, 12:15:25 PM »
To Krice: You are wrong. Jesus told to his disciples as he sent them to preach "...And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand..." and "...What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops..."

If anyone likes me, you should like and love God more than me and anything else. It's from him that all good comes. Know also what is written when Jesus was asked: "...And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments..." Even Jesus said that only God is good, and I am very far from Jesus and anyone that has reached God's Kingdom.

Hi

• 7DRL Reviewer
  • Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2010, 12:59:51 PM »
which roguelikes do you enjoy?

Darren Grey

• Rogueliker
  • It is pitch black. You are likely to eat someone.
    • View Profile
    • Games of Grey
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2010, 06:28:54 PM »
Uh, guys, this is quite clearly a troll.  Signed up just to post Jesus-related stuff on a roguelike forum?  Sure....

Please don't feed the trolls.

guest509

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2010, 12:41:31 AM »
Uh, guys, this is quite clearly a troll.  Signed up just to post Jesus-related stuff on a roguelike forum?  Sure....

Please don't feed the trolls.

Yes. Obviously. Agree on no more feeding. It was fun though, the discussion was kinda over anyway.