Author Topic: Suggestion Req for Best SQL Courses  (Read 7675 times)

gulshan212

• Newcomer
  • Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • AB Smartly
Suggestion Req for Best SQL Courses
« on: February 27, 2023, 06:54:10 AM »
Hello this is Gulshan Negi
I am a software developer. I've recently started learning SQL, and I'm currently reading SQL for Dummies and The Art of SQL book to learn SQL. Should I take any SQL courses to enhance my skills, Is taking a SQL course really helpful? If yes, then which course should I take?
I need some suggestions on this.
Thanks
I am an Engineer. I completed my engineering in Computer Science & Engineering. I am a Web & App Developer. I like playing cricket and volleyball.

stringdisability

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion Req for Best SQL Courses
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2024, 02:55:13 AM »
Coursera:

"SQL for Data Science" by the University of California, Davis: A comprehensive course for beginners and intermediates.
"Data Science Specialization" by Johns Hopkins University: Includes SQL as part of a broader data science curriculum.
edX:

"Databases: Advanced Topics in SQL" by the University of Michigan: For more advanced SQL topics.
"Introduction to SQL" by IBM: A good starter course that covers basic to intermediate SQL skills.
Udacity:

"SQL for Data Analysis": Part of the Data Analyst Nanodegree, it offers practical SQL skills for data analysis.
Pluralsight:

"SQL Server Fundamentals": Good for a deeper dive into SQL Server-specific features.
LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com):

"Learning SQL Programming": Offers a good introduction and practical exercises.
Khan Academy:

"Intro to SQL": Free course with interactive exercises, suitable for beginners.

guccipretzels

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion Req for Best SQL Courses
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2024, 07:31:44 AM »
Hey Gulshan! It’s great that you’re diving into SQL. While books like "SQL for Dummies" and "The Art of SQL" provide solid foundational knowledge, taking a course can offer structured learning and hands-on practice that books sometimes lack. Consider platforms like Coursera or Udemy; they have courses tailored for different skill levels. A highly-rated one is “The Complete SQL Bootcamp” on Udemy, which covers both basics and advanced topics with real-world projects. Additionally, interactive platforms like LeetCode or Codecademy can be really helpful for practicing SQL queries. Good luck, and happy learning!