Author Topic: The Red Prison - roguelike based on 5th edition D&D  (Read 573 times)

Slash

• Priest of Roguetemple
  • Administrator
  • Chancellor
    • View Profile
    • Slashie.net
    • Email
Re: The Red Prison - roguelike based on 5th edition D&D
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2019, 11:43:08 PM »
This is looking very good!

pat

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2019, 11:06:51 AM »
Thanks! I've been working this week on more magic items, specifically flaming and frost weapons. Flaming weapons are particularly useful because it can let you open up another hand because they also replace a torch for lighting.

Here's a gif of me finding a pretty great frost spear +2 and trying it out before deciding to test out whether it would work if I threw it at my allies (spoiler: it did).

* Added flaming effect for enchanted weapons. Also adds a separate illumination so the item functions as an always-lit torch whether in the player's inventory or on the ground.

* Made it so that illuminated items in inventory must be equipped to cast light.

* Added ability for conditions to apply extra damage when they are used to hit which is necessary to give effect to flaming (and other conditions). Created generic function to apply different damage types if target is still alive after primary damage is applied.

* Finished flaming weapons - illumination on being equipped and 2d6 extra fire damage on successful hit. Should work for ranged, thrown and melee weapons.

* Finished frost weapons - 1d6 extra cold damage on successful hit.

* Added extra check into condition effect processing to take into account immunities.

* Added colour over ride variable for items with special conditions so that they show up clearly on the GUI so that players don't miss them.

pat

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2019, 11:00:13 AM »

Changes for this week include a number of UI tweaks to make things work smoother with some more user friendliness. I've also started work behind the scenes on a broader arc of advanced dungeon/quest generation. I've built the system for displaying conversations and the like for players as they run into NPC's of importance and I'm currently going through the process of how I want that aspect of the game to be fleshed out.

I think the leading approach at this stage might be to have a portion of the dungeon on a level inaccessible until the player speaks to a quest giver who tasks the player with killing a tough mob of monsters, recovering a treasure or another task along those lines. I want to make it so that choices have some complexity, ie. you might be able to decide to forego the treasure and turn on the quest giver, and that's the part I'm taking some care to plan.

pat

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2019, 10:30:37 AM »
Players now get a choice of 50 graphical avatars. You can select one on character generation or you can change at anytime throughout the game via F3.