Author Topic: Kamyran's Eye 2 is now available as freeware  (Read 6113 times)

getter77

• Protector of the Temple
  • Global Moderator
  • Rogueliker
    • View Profile
Kamyran's Eye 2 is now available as freeware
« on: July 19, 2009, 12:35:53 PM »
http://keye2.phk.at/

With Manifesto Games gone, they decided to enhance the game in general and place it out there as freeware same as Kamyran's Eye 1 is.  I went over what scripts they had handy and tried to help things to read a bit smoother.

After throwing some time at it as I mention in my latest post in the Renaissance thread, I can easily recommend this as a well wrought game in a unique world with lots of content and choices for the player to make---and I'm quite sure I only scratched the surface of what is there in general and what is possible.  Good exp and levelling system too that discourages grinding as there are many sources of exp gain.

Give it a shot and see if you can discover some of the content that other folk have not after all these years and mess about with the online high score tables.
Brian Emre Jeffears
Aspiring Designer/Programmer/Composer
In Training

Vanguard

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
Re: Kamyran's Eye 2 is now available as freeware
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 05:39:50 AM »
Nice find, I'll have to give that a try.

Archaalen

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 05:39:00 AM »
Thank you for the link, I have been wandering around looking for new roguelikes lately, I like switching around between games a lot.

getter77

• Protector of the Temple
  • Global Moderator
  • Rogueliker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 12:50:49 PM »
No problem!  Also, as per their updating, they now have a beta of a Mac version going so Apple-bearing Roguetemple folks would do well to check it out and put it through the paces.
Brian Emre Jeffears
Aspiring Designer/Programmer/Composer
In Training