Author Topic: getter77  (Read 19333 times)

Anvilfolk

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
getter77
« on: February 12, 2009, 04:02:15 PM »
Hi all!

I'd just like to thank one member of this community in particular, and that is getter77!

Over the past months I've seen him constantly trying out and providing feedback on all sorts of roguelikes. A lot of developers give up due to the lack of interest and players, but getter77 always seems ready to give them a real go and has had a real impact on this community! That always perks up somebody's spirits!

Not only that, but he seems to find completely crazy roguelikes that nobody's ever heard about (not even him!).

All in all, I just wanted to show my appreciation for all that he's been doing for roguelikes in general!

Cheers mate! You carry on! :)
"Get it hot! Hit it harder!!!"
 - The tutor warcry

One of They Who Are Too Busy

getter77

• Protector of the Temple
  • Global Moderator
  • Rogueliker
    • View Profile
Re: getter77
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 09:58:14 PM »
Whew, wasn't expecting to see my screename mentioned like this from the board selection....thought I was getting banned somehow!   :D

I appreciate the sentiment, and this kinda dovetails with my secret plan that is slowly in the works and will be revealed to folk here in due time, especially since I'll be needing the help of several folk.  In general, I just like to see things lively within the Roguelike community since, as I see it, there's lots to be lively about.  The more hopping things are, the more will get done and come to be, which in turn should get things livelier still...which then begets more....etc.

So much potential under the surface...just needing wrangling...if there were some sort of maniacal "devouring feast" smiley I'd put it right about here.
Brian Emre Jeffears
Aspiring Designer/Programmer/Composer
In Training

corremn

• Rogueliker
  • SewerJack Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
    • Demise RogueLike Games
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 10:44:50 PM »
Well done Getter.  The roguelike community needs more like you.

I now dub thee, Sir Getter77, Champion of the Roguelike, protector of the Temple.
Arise and go forth, spread the light of roguelikes to the darkest corners of the web.
corremn's Roguelikes. To admit defeat is to blaspheme against the Emperor.  Warhammer 40000 the Roguelike

getter77

• Protector of the Temple
  • Global Moderator
  • Rogueliker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 12:14:31 AM »
Well done Getter.  The roguelike community needs more like you.

I now dub thee, Sir Getter77, Champion of the Roguelike, protector of the Temple.
Arise and go forth, spread the light of roguelikes to the darkest corners of the web.

...I've got a wide grin on my face now at the Champion part---you've inadvertently struck somewhat in the neighborhood of my secret plan...
Brian Emre Jeffears
Aspiring Designer/Programmer/Composer
In Training

Anvilfolk

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 09:01:12 AM »
Hahahahah :D

Well, everything happens for a reason :D
"Get it hot! Hit it harder!!!"
 - The tutor warcry

One of They Who Are Too Busy

corremn

• Rogueliker
  • SewerJack Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
    • Demise RogueLike Games
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 10:24:13 AM »

A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week.
corremn's Roguelikes. To admit defeat is to blaspheme against the Emperor.  Warhammer 40000 the Roguelike