Author Topic: Tomes of Mephistopheles  (Read 8562 times)

zratchet

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Tomes of Mephistopheles
« on: January 07, 2012, 02:55:15 AM »
I work with Kot in Action Creative Artel, this is our new announcement for the new year, our first RPG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Finh7CFeQFs

Feedback and interest in the game is appreciated!

getter77

• Protector of the Temple
  • Global Moderator
  • Rogueliker
    • View Profile
Re: Tomes of Mephistopheles
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 02:44:21 PM »
First early Alpha gameplay video---of special note are the Dungeon Size options as the scale of which is pretty impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py7HJiOeJjw
Brian Emre Jeffears
Aspiring Designer/Programmer/Composer
In Training

Legend

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 06:00:55 PM »
It definitely looks cool. The excessive bleeding from the forehead is a bit much though. Especially since the player seems to be a skeleton.

By the time it gets closed to finished, I would expect some more variety in the dungeon textures as well as some dungeon features like alters, weapon racks, tables, etc. I understand that this is an early alpha and you probably intend to do these things in the future.

A more elaborate hud might be cool too.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 06:02:29 PM by Legend »

getter77

• Global Moderator
  • Rogueliker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 07:23:35 PM »
Agreed on the forehead bleeding.

Main thing I'd hope for, and saw glimpses of, is an especially robust using of collision physics.  It appears that both player an enemy alike can be "moved" a bit via striking solidly on a certain trajectory---I would definitely hope this becomes far more pronounced as the old "damage sponge" model is pretty boring at this stage of things versus something more visceral and that'd encourage improvisation a more robust line of cause-and-effect thinking as you perhaps can literally get knocked staggering or prone and have to counter-attack/evade.
Brian Emre Jeffears
In Training

Essegi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 05:36:52 PM »
It definitely looks cool. The excessive bleeding from the forehead is a bit much though. Especially since the player seems to be a skeleton.

By the time it gets closed to finished, I would expect some more variety in the dungeon textures as well as some dungeon features like alters, weapon racks, tables, etc. I understand that this is an early alpha and you probably intend to do these things in the future.

A more elaborate hud might be cool too.
Agree with that post. This game looks promising, if more faeatures (weapons, spells, enemies, bosses, puzzles, and so on) are introduced it could be really good.

getter77

• Global Moderator
  • Rogueliker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 08:17:15 PM »
http://roguetemple.com/forums/index.php?topic=2186.0

Newest video at the bottom shows a fair bit of progress in a good direction, I remain optimistic and hope they can reach their targets for sales and such as 3D work is pretty time consuming.
Brian Emre Jeffears
In Training