Author Topic: Terrain objects  (Read 40020 times)

Altefcat

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • Lands of Elderlore
Re: Terrain objects
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2008, 03:37:54 PM »
No. 287 errors left!

Will there be some release when you reach zero error ? If not, why bother us with them ? We all know you are an excellent coder.

Anvilfolk

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2008, 04:04:36 PM »
Whatever anyone says, I feel for Krice. Over 300 compilation errors is awful. I'm just hoping they're the "connected" kind, and when you clear one, 10 decide to follow ;)

And also... all that fixing without being able to test... I wonder what awaits him when it finally compiles. Best of luck, is all I have to say! And try to design everything as extensible as possible from the get-go! :)
"Get it hot! Hit it harder!!!"
 - The tutor warcry

One of They Who Are Too Busy

Krice

• (Banned)
  • Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2008, 06:55:10 PM »
We all know you are an excellent coder.

Sarcasm?:)
Like I said before, the reason for this rewrite was a simple mistake in design. I tried to keep some objects as simple as possible (as terrain tiles) but they just didn't fit into that description from the start.

Krice

• (Banned)
  • Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2008, 06:59:10 PM »
I wonder what awaits him when it finally compiles.

I already know that, because I know where the change is affecting. I'm pretty glad that I didn't have all those ground objects ready in the gameplay. It was only when I began to add them to level structure I noticed the design problem. So I can continue as before, from basic dungeon structure and then start to add new object types.

Krice

• (Banned)
  • Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2008, 09:01:14 AM »
234 errors left! If I can get it under 200 today I'm happy:) Now when most of files are organized it's easier to concentrate on certain parts of the source code. When I go through the project I can see that some parts need re-factoring, not just the ones I'm fixing right now. At the same time I try not to make the source code perfect, but still try to avoid bad decisions that would become a problem later.

Edit: It seems that I want to blog so here it is:
http://kaduria.blogspot.com/

:)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 12:07:27 PM by Krice »

Keiseth

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2008, 10:55:53 PM »
Three hundred! Oh, that gave me a headache just imagining it. What bravery!