Which setting would people like to play the most

Warhammer
0 (0%)
WH40k
13 (76.5%)
Underdark
4 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Warhammer, WH40k or Underdark?  (Read 40878 times)

Psiweapon

• Rogueliker
  • Im in ur rougeliekz, pixelling ur tielz!
    • View Profile
    • I Lovemaking Tiles
Re: Warhammer, WH40k or Underdark?
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2011, 08:31:44 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

I SURE HOPE THEY DON'T

But if they do, we'll take it underground  8)
The invisible hand is a lie, the fiendish dogma of the market cultists. Lest the apostasy grows strong, their blood god will devour each and everyone, pious and infidel alike.

corremn

• Rogueliker
  • SewerJack Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
    • Demise RogueLike Games
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2011, 12:09:47 AM »
Now you are just showing off ;) Seriously I will now have to put a lot more effort in to get these sprites together.  Those sprites are easily enough to start the marines with. Yeehar!, to paraphrase Barney Stinson, Your "Awesome"!!

I dont know how far further we could take a roguelike underground considering we already started far from the daylight :)

I have read the GW licenses and they did not seem as harsh as I though they would. They have a lot of IP and it is well worth protecting that, but as long as I give credit to GW and don't infringe (too much) on there IP I should be safe. They do encourage their fans to spread the word far and wide, as long as their trademarks remain intact and IP are not challenged. We will be safe as long as they don't intend on making a tile-based roguelike at any stage in the near or grim dark future distance future, that is!

And if things go pear-shaped GW summed it up nicely, "...there will be no peace among the stars...there is ONLY WAR...
corremn's Roguelikes. To admit defeat is to blaspheme against the Emperor.  Warhammer 40000 the Roguelike

Psiweapon

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • I Lovemaking Tiles
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2011, 12:35:17 AM »

Well, the sprites more or less work by themselves...

you just have to overlap a selection of:

1 head

1 torso

1 rifle + free hand / 1 pistol + 1 CCweapon / 1 heavy weapon

2 legs

1 backpack (regular / jump pack / hvy wpnz)

I'm now working on the chaos cultists ;D ;D ;D

The invisible hand is a lie, the fiendish dogma of the market cultists. Lest the apostasy grows strong, their blood god will devour each and everyone, pious and infidel alike.

Psiweapon

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • I Lovemaking Tiles
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2011, 02:22:26 AM »
Oh well. I think that's enough for today.

You've got an Mk4 marine kit and Mk1 chaos cultist kit at the usual place.

corremn

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • Demise RogueLike Games
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2011, 03:18:26 AM »
Beautiful, I love the direction your art is going. That's more than enough to get me started.
On to purge out that filthy chaos cult.
corremn's Roguelikes. To admit defeat is to blaspheme against the Emperor.  Warhammer 40000 the Roguelike

purestrain

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2011, 05:56:56 AM »
I have read the GW licenses and they did not seem as harsh as I though they would. They have a lot of IP and it is well worth protecting that, but as long as I give credit to GW and don't infringe (too much) on there IP I should be safe. They do encourage their fans to spread the word far and wide, as long as their trademarks remain intact and IP are not challenged. We will be safe as long as they don't intend on making a tile-based roguelike at any stage in the near or grim dark future distance future, that is!

Thats one side; the other side are big companies which have baught a license from GW. The people at "teardown" e.g. surely met the dark side of ip, and i've not seen any space hulk games lately. Maybe you are lucky.

Dark Angels 1st company is ready to kick ass any troublemakers ;-)

corremn

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • Demise RogueLike Games
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2011, 06:20:38 AM »
Hmm, maybe if I give it a generic enough name it wont stand out. Something like "Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine" might be a good choice  ;D

Psiweapon

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • I Lovemaking Tiles
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2011, 05:58:57 PM »
you could call it Forty Key.

Or Forty Keys to make it even more obscure.

But I guess any of thesse would be way over the top.

Fenrir

• Rogueliker
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2011, 11:38:06 PM »
For best obfuscation whilst preserving ties, I propose “Conflictmallet 0x9C40: Cosmos Trooper”.

Psiweapon

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • I Lovemaking Tiles
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2011, 08:06:24 AM »
F. Genius !!

:D

First laugh of my day!

That sounds almost like BATTLETOADS.

corremn

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • Demise RogueLike Games
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2011, 12:26:48 AM »
Conflictmallet 0x9C40 is awesome.  I was looking at Latin translations but that is better    ;D

If I ever do a parody of wh40k I am stealing this name, in your face Games Workshop!

"Bend from your waist directly before me minor bipedal humanoid, to prevent my own person from misappropriating your unproductive sentience with my conflictmallet, for did you not perceive that I am a cosmos trooper of the 0x9C40 millennium."
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 12:40:45 AM by corremn »