Author Topic: Adom.de Update  (Read 49415 times)

Krice

• (Banned)
  • Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Adom.de Update
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2008, 08:14:19 AM »
How could you hate ADOM?

It's too hard and also pretty dull as a game.

Berserker

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2008, 05:43:30 PM »
How could you hate ADOM?

I disagree completely with this statement, but to each their own.

I like Adom because you tend to find very unique and powerful weapons more often than in Angband (I do love Angband as well though), etc.

I also like the spells in Adom better than in any other roguelike.

There are features to Adom that I dislike though, as there are in every game, so I can't assume everyone is going to like it as much as myself.  It was also the first roguelike I ever played.

corremn

• Rogueliker
  • SewerJack Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
    • Demise RogueLike Games
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2008, 11:08:25 PM »
How could you hate ADOM?

There are features to Adom that I dislike though, as there are in every game, so I can't assume everyone is going to like it as much as myself.  It was also the first roguelike I ever played.

The worst feature of ADOM is that most of the time it is dull and mundane in terms of enemies and challenges, which means most battles are just holding down a direction key until your enemies are dead, of course if you fail to notice that werewolf king sitting behind those wolfs you might be in trouble.

Games like crawl have enemies on every level that can kill you so you are always in a state of alertness and constant struggle to survive. Adoms artifacts are boring and limited. Crawls use of random artifacts is awsome, you just never know what you are going to get.
corremn's Roguelikes. To admit defeat is to blaspheme against the Emperor.  Warhammer 40000 the Roguelike

stu

• Rogueliker
  • Moop!
    • View Profile
    • Stu's Rusty Bucket
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2008, 02:02:07 PM »
adom bored me to tears.  I never liked it at all really.
--/\-[ Stu ]-/\--