Author Topic: SEGA announces plans to bring back some Dreamcast titles.  (Read 10405 times)

Yyrkoon

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • Email
SEGA announces plans to bring back some Dreamcast titles.
« on: June 13, 2010, 06:42:39 PM »
I'm not sure how many of the gang around here own PS3s and/or 360s.  But this week SEGA announced plans to revive some of it's Dreamcast library as DLC for the PS3/360.

You might (or might not) be surprised to know that for such a small library of games, there were several Roguelikes developed for that console.

Evolution
Evolution 2
Climax Landers

and a Shiren the Wanderer game which never got a multilanguage release.

If any of these are interesting to you, why not ask for one or more of them on the Sega Forums, Youtube Channels, Facebook, or Twitter pages that have been set up by SEGA to take requests.

I REALLY would love to see a multilanguage version of the Shiren game.  I own all 4 of those titles, but would buy them all again as my Dreamcast stuff is all packed away at the moment.  (No room)  :(

Rya.Reisender

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
Re: SEGA announces plans to bring back some Dreamcast titles.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 10:13:15 AM »
I'd rather have Shining the Holy Ark and Shining Force 3.

I played Evolution Worlds for Gamecube and it was a really boring roguelike.

getter77

• Protector of the Temple
  • Global Moderator
  • Rogueliker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 12:08:10 PM »
Eh, the SEGA of nowadays isn't so big on the localization front---even moreso with them likely not wanting to spend extra money on a fresh translation for older properties to crop up.   :(

That said, you can grab Fatal Labyrinth from the likes of Gamersgate for a few bucks as part of their classics on PC line.
Brian Emre Jeffears
Aspiring Designer/Programmer/Composer
In Training

JayPC

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 09:04:30 AM »
As a New Note SEGA announced at E3 that they plan on bringing Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi to XBLA which Im pumped for also on a More Roguelike Note, I heard a Rumor that Fatal Labyrinth Might be getting a XBLA title, Updated graphics and the like.

Rya.Reisender

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 09:41:11 AM »
Fatal Labyrinth is also part of the Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection for XBox360.

JayPC

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 05:27:26 AM »
Yeah but its also going to be a Seperate Re-Release, Possibly a Remake.

Funny Story I have the original game but the Label is missing... so until I played it on the 360 S.U.G.C. I didn't know it was called Fatal Labyrinth...

Rya.Reisender

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 01:23:41 PM »
Btw if you like Fatal Labyrinth you should try Dragon Crystal for Master System and Game Gear (both games differ a bit). It plays pretty similar.

I thought the collection is much more worth the money. You have like dunno 30 games for $30. If you download them separately on XBLA you pay like $10 for each.
But if they change a lot with it I might end up buying it again.

Even though, I really rather would like to have Shining the Holy Ark and Shining Force 3.