Author Topic: Torchlight  (Read 31611 times)

Karzack

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
Re: Torchlight
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 10:31:05 PM »
I have read that this is very Fate like.  From what you have said and from liking Fate; I think I will try to purchase this and try it out.

With the combo of Diablo and Fate devs working on this; it should be interesting.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 10:33:40 PM by Karzack »

Numeron

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • Numeron Reactor
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2009, 08:58:49 AM »
Ive been playing this, its pretty sharp, quite polished and has a few neat features... A good change after some of the other rubbish Ive been playing recently lol.

A good feature is that you get a pet which, aside from fighting alongside you, you can load up with unwanted items and send it off to the town to sell it all so you can keep adventuring down in the dungeon.

getter77

• Protector of the Temple
  • Global Moderator
  • Rogueliker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2009, 01:23:47 PM »
Ive been playing this, its pretty sharp, quite polished and has a few neat features... A good change after some of the other rubbish Ive been playing recently lol.

A good feature is that you get a pet which, aside from fighting alongside you, you can load up with unwanted items and send it off to the town to sell it all so you can keep adventuring down in the dungeon.

Yep, and you can also elect to have an imaginary pet who then only serves as an extra inventory spot and psychic selling as opposed to any combat presence for extra challenge.
Brian Emre Jeffears
Aspiring Designer/Programmer/Composer
In Training

Karzack

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2009, 05:39:30 PM »

This was one of my favorite features of Fate.

Omnivorous

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2009, 10:53:04 AM »
It's extremely easy though. I think it's safe to reccomend any ex-diablo player, and a roguelike-player to choose "Very hard". Atleast with the basher. He's died 2-3 times at level 30, and that was mainly due to me being greedy on potions..which is pretty silly since you gain alot more gold than you need to keep potions stocked.

5v3nd0ttg

• Newcomer
  • Nate
    • MSN Messenger - p03tic5ickn355@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - p03tic5ickn355
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - p03tic5ickn355
    • View Profile
    • The Other Experiment Studio
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2009, 09:30:36 PM »
I would have to agree on choosing a higher difficulty for the majority of you gamers. I found the game myself pretty easy. There are fortunately very few hiccups on my system running it's full settings. Like most 'Hack'n Slash' games it can be slightly redundant at times. Go here, get this, kill him. I found overall the experience quite satisfying. My first sit-down with the game I played for four hours straight having lost complete sense of time. Though there are many features I would change myself, I think the biggest spoiler I had was the ability to infinitely enchant my weapon over and over again allowing it to become so incredibly strong all I needed to do was use that wand. Of coarse to take advantage of this I had to forgo spending any money on anything except the enchants and potions, but I digress. Much fun, brought me back to roguelike roots and random dungeon generation mentality again. <3
Check out my artwork, photography, and video game projects at www.theoestudio.com.