Author Topic: HamQuest: The PorkSeeker Saga, Chapter I - seeking playtest and feedback  (Read 16499 times)

playdeezgames

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • PlayDeez Games
Hello.

This is my first post to these forums.

I am looking to get some feedback on a rather simplistic roguelike game that I have recently finished:

http://www.playdeez.com/HamQuest.html

The download is on the page.  The game was written in c# using .NET 2.0, and I have not at this time made an installer, so it is just a rar file.  If needed, I'll make it a zip or self extracting exe.

Keep in mind that I was attempting to go with a minimalist approach (so that I could actually finish the thing).

getter77

• Protector of the Temple
  • Global Moderator
  • Rogueliker
    • View Profile
Re: HamQuest: The PorkSeeker Saga, Chapter I - seeking playtest and feedback
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 03:41:39 AM »
It looks awesome...and the ham.  Not enough pork centric games out there I say.  Somebody needs to mod ADOM to where each ingame month a god can send you goodies a la the various Bacon of the Month clubs out there.

I hope you continue to work on and polish this up!   8)
Brian Emre Jeffears
Aspiring Designer/Programmer/Composer
In Training

playdeezgames

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • PlayDeez Games
After a long hiatus, I have recently pulled this out and have been working on it.  The current version on the website (1.0.0.4) has a number of changes like a switch to a durability based item breakage system instead of a random percentage, boots as a new item as well as adverse effects on speed from heavy armor, and monsters respawning after a number of visits to a particular room.  Also, upon acquiring a megaham piece, a number of traps turn into monsters in the rooms visited so far.

getter77

• Protector of the Temple
  • Global Moderator
  • Rogueliker
    • View Profile
Awesome...keep at it.   8) Still shows up as 1.0.0.3 towards the download link though.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!
Brian Emre Jeffears
Aspiring Designer/Programmer/Composer
In Training