Author Topic: Beaten Any Roguelikes?  (Read 10643 times)

guest509

Beaten Any Roguelikes?
« on: November 20, 2011, 10:21:37 AM »
  I didn't quite know where to put this so I put it here.

Have you beaten any Roguelikes? Which ones? Post here? I want to know!

I have beaten Spelunky and a 7DRL I cannot seem to remember the name of. It had great dungeon generation and I somehow lucked out on an artifact weapon right off the bat and just walked through the rest of the game. I've nearly beaten Rogue, got the amulet in an old Hack build before starving to death, will someday soon beat Brogue and have beaten (i.e. failed at) Dwarf Fortress many times.
  If you want to count Diablo and Diablo II (I don't) I have beaten them both.
  I hope to beat Unangband at some point as a tribute to Mr Doull for his work on Roguelike Radio and his very well done Ascii Dreams site.

corremn

• Rogueliker
  • SewerJack Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
    • Demise RogueLike Games
Re: Beaten Any Roguelikes?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 11:04:09 AM »
My greatest accomplishment was defeating Moria. I have now done it three times.
Spelunky, what a great game! (plus unlocked all features)
DoomRL, when it was simplier and more fun, many times.
ADOM once, with a Grey Elf Wizard,
SewerJacks, about 20 times :)
Incursion, with an unarmed Kobold berzerker that picked up lightning gauntlets!
Zomband,

My games - Warlock of Firetop Mountain, Warlocks Moutain, StarCraft: Rogue Mercenaries, SewerJacks.  I have not got close in IOC and TrollSlayer though, not sure if it is possible to win IOC and I have never tested the endgame.

And too many 7DRLs to mentions. (except linerogue, but man I gave that a good try! )

I have been close with Crawl but alas died attempting to get that orb :(

I have yet to give Rogue a serious try, but it sounds like I probably should not try, least I end up in an Asylum.
corremn's Roguelikes. To admit defeat is to blaspheme against the Emperor.  Warhammer 40000 the Roguelike

Z

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • Z's Roguelike Stuff
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 03:20:36 PM »
My information is here (click the title of the XP column for an explanation).

And if you can post in this thread, you can create your own list too!

guest509

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 09:01:46 AM »
  Holy shit I had no idea that was there. Thanks. I'll be making my list now.

Lord Blade

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 03:05:46 PM »
http://roguetemple.com/irldb/player.php?id=rogue10797

How do you title the link? :p

Anyway, here's my list. At least the ones I remember off hand. I've beaten tons of Roguelikes... but I play so many, they tend to blur together after a while.

dweller

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 10:34:57 PM »
I've only managed to beat doomRL at normal difficulty several times, on various versions and I've won at brogue once (I think it was v1.4)
I keep screenshots from it to bring up memories of the great happines of the win ;)
And maybe worth to mention that I get my dwarven fighter hands on Orb of Zot once in crawl. Died in the Zot in the run to stairs, sadly.

st33d

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 07:14:42 PM »
I think Diablo 2 only counts after beating it on all difficulty modes. The late game in it is horribly broken and requires some roguelike metagaming in order to beat it (I used the Amazon and ran away from everything whilst using heat-seeking penetrative arrows).

I also completed iRogue for the Palm OS:

http://roguelike-palm.sourceforge.net/iRogue/

My only real quibble with the Tungsten T5 was that it was designed in such a way that if you let the batteries run out, you lost all data.

Despite the fact that I wrote my undergraduate thesis on it (with a plug in keyboard), and had quite a bit of fun programming it, and completed the only real roguelike I've ever completed, I have to say:

Fuck that device. Fuck it's stupid, non permanent storage and its reset to factory default settings when you leave it for a day uncharged. Fuck it in the eye.

Chex Warrior

• Rogueliker
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Cacodaemonical
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 11:07:55 PM »
Nope, the only RL I ever won was Broken Bottle and honestly I felt like I lost (haha, great game though).