Author Topic: New roguelike: BOSS (v3.0.1)  (Read 7799 times)

PineappleComputer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: New roguelike: BOSS (v3.0.1)
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2024, 10:52:41 AM »
I agree the implementation of computers isn't great, but I'm at a bit of a loss of how to improve it. If I made it harder to get the better computers, that would just be frustrating. I considered letting the user blank disks and copy them, but thought that would just result in a lot of 'busy work' that wouldn't be fun. If you have any ideas on how to improve the way computers work, I'd be really interested to hear them.

Blank disks is cool idea. Traders can't restock goods, so "selling then buying" procedure for identifying items is more boring procedure than copying id disks IMHO.

PlunderBunny

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • BOSS Roguelike
    • Email
Re: New roguelike: BOSS (v3.0.1)
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2024, 07:55:35 PM »
I considered letting the user blank disks and copy them, but thought that would just result in a lot of 'busy work' that wouldn't be fun.

Blank disks is cool idea. Traders can't restock goods, so "selling then buying" procedure for identifying items is more boring procedure than copying id disks IMHO.

I'll keep thinking about the blank disks to see if I can make it fun and avoid changing the game balance too much. For what it's worth, shops do restock slowly - they add a few items each day, and change some of the existing items. This occurs at midnight, so effectively you see it when you enter the shop on a new day. Of course the shop inventory is completely restocked when you go to a new city too.