Author Topic: LOS test  (Read 6725 times)

anpd

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • ApGames 2D Games
LOS test
« on: December 06, 2010, 07:02:26 AM »
Hi, I have been working on some dynamic 2d shadows for use as line of sight. Not sure if it works though, what do you guys think would this work as a LOS system http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quSqX17S8Gk don't mind the art the tile system isn't finished and the character is temp. My other ideĆ” was to just have a light radius around the player and objects outside of the light wouldn't be seen.

Krice

• (Banned)
  • Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: LOS test
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 08:15:14 AM »
I think it's cool.

Darren Grey

• Rogueliker
  • It is pitch black. You are likely to eat someone.
    • View Profile
    • Games of Grey
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 12:23:44 PM »
That looks pretty darned nice.  Only thing I'd point out is entering a darkroom seems to cause a curtain of visibility to open from the middle of the room - it should really start from the player.  This is definitely a lot nicer looking than just making items in LOS visible or not visible.

Game looks very pretty in general.  Care to share any more details about it?

anpd

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • ApGames 2D Games
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 04:52:26 PM »
That looks pretty darned nice.  Only thing I'd point out is entering a darkroom seems to cause a curtain of visibility to open from the middle of the room - it should really start from the player.  This is definitely a lot nicer looking than just making items in LOS visible or not visible.

Game looks very pretty in general.  Care to share any more details about it?

Thanks, yes at the moment the shadow calculations doesn't get updated when you open a door that's why it looks weird when you enter a room. Right now it's not much to tell about the project. All there is now is the map, movement, shadows and very stupid enemies that move towards the player. The aim is to make a easy to learn roguelike with retro style graphics.