Author Topic: Future of RogueBasin  (Read 86954 times)

britzl

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Future of RogueBasin
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2010, 11:31:32 AM »
Hey guys. I got an e-mail from Slash mentioning poor performance. I'll reproduce my response here and add some more thoughts:

"I have been away on a two week vacation. Sorry for the late response. As far as I know the only planned downtime was on december 19th between 09.00 and 12.00 CET.

A moment ago when I tried to access Roguebasin I couldn't get through. My thought was that it was the DB server that was down at the moment. www.roguelikedevelopment.org was working so the webserver is running. Now that I access the DB using phpMyAdmin it responds and Roguebasin is accessible again. Must have been a temporary glitch.

And now that I try again it responds slowly... weird.

I'm no DB expert but perhaps we should try and optimize some of the tables or something? You can access phpMyAdmin here:

http://www.scorpionshops.com/phpMyAdmin

and use the normal DB user and pass. Remember to pick Server 1 as that is the one used. The DB server responds fast when clicking around in phpMyAdmin, so maybe it is something else? The new extension you installed?"

On a side note: I play World of Warcraft and host our guild site and forums using the same provider (altough on one of the other DB servers). We had some issues with site performance, but that proved to be an incorrectly configured phpBB. The site also had some performance issues during the fall, but all of that have been ssolved for a few months now (new hardware installed by the hosting provider). So all in all, things are working well, without any latency, 500 errors or similar. Could it be something with the mediawiki setup?

britzl

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2010, 12:44:57 PM »
I assume this has sorted itself out? Otherwise Slashie knows how to contact me.

britzl

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2010, 12:47:26 PM »
The webhost used for hosting Roguebasin went down today. They are working on the issue and I hope roguebasin will be up in a couple of hours.

Hi

• 7DRL Reviewer
  • Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2010, 06:02:56 PM »
It looks like it's up for me.