Author Topic: [7DRL 2023] [WIP] mission improbable Rogue Agent  (Read 8138 times)

markflyer9

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
[7DRL 2023] [WIP] mission improbable Rogue Agent
« on: March 05, 2023, 09:01:32 PM »

mission improbable Rogue Agent, in progress, well under way, just set up bare bones and filling placeholders with art

markflyer9

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: [7DRL 2023] [WIP] mission improbable Rogue Agent
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2023, 10:20:44 PM »
For the 7DRL 2023, I put in proceduaral elements that generates and gives every citizen an opinion of you and everybody else that can change for differrent reasons, this effects you by making bribes or seduction easier if they have a good opinion of you, but hard if they dont, I am making every offensive action on a charactor reduce their opion of you, and every good action if successful improve their opion of you. eg robbing them will cause bad feelings towards you, randomly placed enemies and random city maps, and every character in the game gets an original name generated. proceduaral targets shown in minimaps(as you move they can too). I hope the guys at itch like it, I tried to do something different a menu driven Roguelike with grid based turn based movement etc... random attributes(money, secrets, etc..), (abilities, hitpoints),  (backstory, they all have names and an opinion of you and all other NPCs).

This is a Spy game Roguelike, First off I'm a poor dev and if i paid for all the graphics for all my games I would be a very poor dev as i make many games, so i apolagise for the poor quality of the artwork I drew in MS Paint etc...

Now First off I wanted my roguelike instead of just bumbping into enimies for an attack,I made the game have many menu options to spice up gameplay. The game is based on a nuclear threat where 10 enimies are hidden in cities across the world(I was short of time or i would of had good maps of real places), you have spy tools to locate them, then you must assasinate them in order to avoid a nuke detanation. On your way you can find spys with secrets, you can rob or bribe seduce or kill, or even trick them out of the secrets, you can then sell them on the black market, you can also get money the same way from non spy characters to. use money to visit hospitals and replenise Hitpoints, and bank money you will need it to pay off goverment agents.

goverment agents are always hunting you, you will also have to use tracking systems to home-in on persons of interest, and targets. if agents capture you you will have to have something they want or take a beating to your hitpoints.

you can get forged passports are travel in a variety of ways between cities. you will find weapons such as guns or bombs to use in assasinations. every character in the game has an opion of you, if they have a low opion it will be hard to bribe or seduce them.

there is a detailed stats page to see all your progress.

this is an ironman game but with not even one save, you play in one sitting no loads.

all menus are exited by right clicking, movement is cursor keys.

it will run on any widows PC with a monitor capable of 1360x768

check out my profile on itch.io as I do lots of free games.

tukkek

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2023, 05:19:08 PM »
The idea of a detailed, simulated procedural city and world, with individual NPCs, factions... is something that has always been very interesting to me. What you are describing here is what I wished developers of games like Streets of Rogue would create as my dream game  ;D

I've worked on designs (and some code) for both a Rimworld-style game with larger-scale simulation and also for a "MatrixRL" that would attempt to simulate an entire city block in detail, including buildings with different floors, vehicles... I've also wanted to add similar things to other projects of mine but it's always too much work to try to do - so it will be very interesting to see how you approach the design and what lessons can be learned!

I also love the name by the way ;D good luck on your project!

markflyer9

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2023, 11:58:52 PM »
thankyou, you sound like you know your rogues, I am going to add a doomsday clock and ATM machines, someone who liked playing it suggested i put them in