Author Topic: 1st Person Roguelikes?  (Read 35829 times)

Rya.Reisender

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
Re: 1st Person Roguelikes?
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 11:46:41 AM »
I'm not sure if it counts as a roguelike but it should be generally mentioned more often because it's awesome: Etrian Odyssey

Karzack

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2009, 10:20:05 PM »
http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=2390

Over on the oook, someone is in the beginning stages of one.

Skeletor

• Rogueliker
  • villains ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2009, 02:45:12 PM »
I do remember that the eye of the beholder games were very good, but my memory has died on me, were they turn based??

They were kind of real time.

Player movement speed was determined by his quickness to press the directional keys. Player attack speed was something different: after attacking with a weapon, it became grey (unavailable) for a lapse of time depending on attributes and the haste spell.

Enemies speed was instead static. Every second an enemy had a move (no more, no less) and an attack. Every monster: from wolves to stone giants.

So you had a great movement and tactical advantage against enemies.
This was somewhat unrealistic, but who cares! The game was great.
It was absolutely awesome to challenge a room full of skeletons, or a no-rest-and-no-turning-back dungeon with spawning margoyles (immune to non magic weapons) and gelatinous cubes (paralyzing, poisoning, item destroying..)!!
That game was pure awesomeness.
The only bad thing was that damn room with 9 buttons on the ground.. hehe, lost months to understand how to proceed.

What I enjoy the most in roguelikes: Anti-Farming and Mac Givering my way out. Kind of what I also enjoy in life.

Skeletor

• Rogueliker
  • villains ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2009, 02:46:05 PM »
(sorry double post)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 02:50:25 PM by Skeletor »
What I enjoy the most in roguelikes: Anti-Farming and Mac Givering my way out. Kind of what I also enjoy in life.