Author Topic: Tileset Help/Advice/Feedback wanted  (Read 16931 times)

malignatius

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tileset Help/Advice/Feedback wanted
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 08:02:48 PM »
Make the game yourself?

Gamemaker is not hard to learn and you can do anything you want with it.

Also if you go on the Gamemaker Forums there are programmers looking for graphics all the time.
Nah, I know my limitations. I neither got the skills or endurance when it comes to programming. I've tried before.  :)
I've also been working closely with developers in my work for many years, so I'm not unfamiliar with collaborating in projects, design/developer teams.

Don't scare people with documents ;)

Perhaps you're right. Documents can be scary. On the other hand, for my own sake, I think having some kind of documentation is probably necessary to make progress.

I'd assume that a message like this will work fine to find a partner:  "Hey I have made some nice tiles for a roguelike game, and I also have a few ideas for the game itself. I'm looking for someone to make a game with, someone who's got some programming skills as well."

Where would be the proper place to post such a message?

Quendus

• Rogueliker
  • $@ \in \{1,W\} \times \{1,H\}$
    • View Profile
    • Klein Roguelikes
Re: Tileset Help/Advice/Feedback wanted
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2013, 11:12:40 PM »

I'd assume that a message like this will work fine to find a partner:  "Hey I have made some nice tiles for a roguelike game, and I also have a few ideas for the game itself. I'm looking for someone to make a game with, someone who's got some programming skills as well."

Where would be the proper place to post such a message?
Here, probably tigsource, bay12forums, and the #rgrd IRC channel on quakenet are the places that spring to mind.