Author Topic: 2009 7DRL Challenge Ideas!  (Read 31875 times)

rdc

• Newcomer
  • You hear a *bump* in the dark...
    • View Profile
    • Clark Productions
    • Email
Re: 2009 7DRL Challenge Ideas!
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2009, 11:09:47 PM »
I am going to try and do a 7DRL. I have the idea, and although it is far from original, it does have a little twist. I am going to call it Escape from Lab 45 (I always make a title first :)). You start on level 10 (?) and must make your way to the top. The lab was a secret government project developing a virus to reanimate the dead. (As I said, not original.) Of course, it all goes to pot, the Zombies get out and everyone has been turned into a Zombie, except you.

When the Zombies got out, a self-destruct sequence was activated giving you 60 minutes (I may make this variable as a sort of level difficulty, say 60-30-15) . Here's the little twist though: the timer runs in real-time. It will be a turn based game, but the timer will tick in real-time.

Now, you may think that you can just run to the top as fast as your little fingers will carry you.. Not so fast. The self-destruct sequence also locked all the elevators, so you need to activate each elevator before you can exit the level. Each activation will be different on each level (finding a key, entering an access code, etc.). All the while, the clock is ticking...

That is the plan at least. Of course, I haven't done any coding or anything, this is just all in my head right now. But, if i can pull it off, it may be an interesting diversion.

Robson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: 2009 7DRL Challenge Ideas!
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2009, 01:38:32 AM »
Thanks for the comments guys :) I've expanded a couple of ideas after discussing them with people.

Good luck to everyone entering the challenge!