Author Topic: Artist looking for collaboration  (Read 5458 times)

Oryx

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Artist looking for collaboration
« on: March 31, 2013, 06:40:58 PM »
Hi,

If you don't know me, I was the creator of the lofi 8x8 fantasy sprite set that has been used often in roguelikes, and also did the sprites for Infra Arcana, and Brogue Tiles, among other projects.

Many years ago, after I created the lofi 8x8 sprites, I was working on a project called Lune. It is done in Flash. We had the creature editor, random name generator, combat engine, and all the artwork done (including dozens of background scenes, icons, skill icons, FX, and over a 100 creatures and player classes fully animated with idles, attacks, special attacks, deaths, etc.)
You can see a test version of it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElEkVBY3CFc

I would LOVE to find someone to finish that game. The combat was simple but fun, and was far along except for the meta game and more abilities, and lots of stats. If you are interested please let me know!

However, I don't want all those hundreds of hours making hundreds of animated creatures to go to waste. I think a traditional roguelike game using these creatures would be excellent, very few roguelikes are animated, also because they are 1-bit they can be easily colored like ascii (as seen in Brogue or Infra Arcana).

Interested? or know someone who might be interested? reply here or send a message to oryx@oryxdesignlab.com - only serious inquiries please, I don't want someone who's going to ditch it after a week.

Oryx

Slash

• Creator of Roguetemple
  • Administrator
  • Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • Slashie.net
    • Email
Re: Artist looking for collaboration
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 06:56:03 PM »
Very interesting, I sent you an email