Author Topic: Angband + Food  (Read 7087 times)

demon

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Angband + Food
« on: November 04, 2012, 09:14:02 PM »
I took my first delve into Angband yesterday. It was a blast.  I descended the depths and battled until I found myself low on food. I didn't think that I would make it back to the town area but I did. When I got back I bought rations at the store. However I seem to have bought all rations available. Do stores regenerate items / food? and if not how else can I eliminate hunger besides eating rations. I played as a Half-Troll Warrior. Got myself up to level 9 and am ready to descend again. I assume if I chose a different class I could cast some spells for food? Is there a way to gobble up the corpses of monsters I slaughter?
 :)
I have this rusty pitchfork on sale now for only a mere $100,000,000
Act now and I'll throw in the soul of dead gnome absolutely free!

XLambda

• Rogueliker
    • MSN Messenger - tau_iota@live.de
    • View Profile
    • The Weird Rogue
Re: Angband + Food
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 09:28:34 PM »
I took my first delve into Angband yesterday. It was a blast.  I descended the depths and battled until I found myself low on food. I didn't think that I would make it back to the town area but I did. When I got back I bought rations at the store. However I seem to have bought all rations available. Do stores regenerate items / food? and if not how else can I eliminate hunger besides eating rations. I played as a Half-Troll Warrior. Got myself up to level 9 and am ready to descend again. I assume if I chose a different class I could cast some spells for food? Is there a way to gobble up the corpses of monsters I slaughter?
 :)

Stores used to restock after a fixed amount of turns, but I don't remember exactly how many. I assume this is still the case today. So, when you come up again after your next dive, they should have restocked.

As far as I know monsters don't leave corpses when killed. Clerics have a prayer for food, IIRC.

Heh, funny title. I thought this would be a post like "Give me Angband and food, that's all I need to be happy!" ;D

Quendus

• Rogueliker
  • $@ \in \{1,W\} \times \{1,H\}$
    • View Profile
    • Klein Roguelikes
Re: Angband + Food
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 11:22:23 PM »
The shop always stocks food, and every class except warriors get a food spell eventually - unless you're playing ironman, or you lose all your recall and all your food while deep in the dungeon, food tends not to be an issue.

There are occasional exceptions.