Author Topic: Gameboy (Color) roguelike  (Read 20995 times)

Na-Fiann

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Gameboy (Color) roguelike
« on: February 28, 2008, 08:59:44 PM »
Does a gameboy (color) roguelike exist? I mean a real roguelike, not a game that somewhat resembles a roguelike.

Anyone know of such a game?

SeventhHS

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Gameboy (Color) roguelike
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 09:58:11 PM »
Depends on what you consider a real roguelike, of course. RogueBasin suggests that the commercial game Azure Dreams is one though.

If you have some leeway in platforms, there are several ports of classic roguelikes to Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS, as well as the homebrew exclusive POWDER and the commercial roguelike Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja which is a favorite of mine.

You should probably just consult the RogueBasin page that I looked at.

rabish12

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 09:21:00 AM »
Depends on what you consider a real roguelike, of course. RogueBasin suggests that the commercial game Azure Dreams is one though.
I don't remember much about that game, other than that I enjoyed it quite a bit and that it was randomized.  I think it basically fits the genre, but I'm not sure because it's been too long since I played it.

Aside from Azure Dreams, all I can think of are the two Japan-only Shiren games made by Chunsoft.  Definitely roguelikes, but again, Japan-only (and Japanese-only as well).

Sabbath

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 10:56:52 AM »
About the closest to the Fushigi no Dungeon: Fuurai no Shiren (Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer) you're going to get will be on the GameBoy Advance, with the game "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team".

There are also like, three other PMD games for Nintendo DS.

Hope I was helpful.

~ED