Author Topic: 80's fantasy cartoons (and: do Fire and Ice and nLarn have something in common?)  (Read 9291 times)

Skeletor

• Rogueliker
  • villains ftw
    • View Profile
I just watched again that masterpiece cartoon movie and noticed the main character name is Larn. So my question!

BTW: those fantasy cartoons back in the 80's were really awesome.
Naked beautiful chicks, cool heros/villains, a lot of different situations.. never seen things like that in the last 20 years.

My favourite one is Heavy Metal. Fire and Ice is #2, and then there is Starchaser: legend of Orin. Neat stuff.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/155/cartoonsbestever80fanta.jpg

« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 08:17:18 PM by Skeletor »
What I enjoy the most in roguelikes: Anti-Farming and Mac Givering my way out. Kind of what I also enjoy in life.

Krice

• (Banned)
  • Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • Email

TSMI

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • Email
I'm in my early 20s - these were a tad before my time. Might check them out though.

No idea on the roguelike link though.

Psiweapon

• Rogueliker
  • Im in ur rougeliekz, pixelling ur tielz!
    • View Profile
    • I Lovemaking Tiles
HAR HAR HAR  ;D

I love this kind of stuff. I have only seen Heavy Metal, but I'll make sure to give StarChaser a try.

Do you know:

(Time Masters)

And:

That one's not actually from the 80's, it's from the 70's, but still it's somewhat in the line.

I can remember a couple of other films somewhat like these, but I don't know their names or anything.

One involved some kind of musicians banishing a demon (this was retro-futuristic, something like sci-fi with a 20's twist) and from the other one I can only remember a young man in some kind of arcology, which isn't very helpful.

Do yourselves a favor and DON'T EVER WATCH THE RECENT HEAVY METAL MOVIE - it's a lousy insult to it's predecessor.
The invisible hand is a lie, the fiendish dogma of the market cultists. Lest the apostasy grows strong, their blood god will devour each and everyone, pious and infidel alike.