Author Topic: Rogue Project 2  (Read 6229 times)

Brigand

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
Rogue Project 2
« on: July 08, 2011, 01:11:41 AM »
http://lordsofdarkhall.weebly.com/rogue-project-2.html

Another version of my rogue project is up. Work stalled a bit, but has picked up a lot lately. Engine feels pretty solid, and now that I have the skill framework and hotkey system done (just drop the skill code in and its done) it's time to start adding the content and begin balancing.

If you're interested, you can give it a test drive at the link above. You still can't die yet, and pressing \ on the overworld unlocks a few skills to play with. Pressing \ on the submap generates a random, possibly magic item for you to futz around with.

Probably the last 'alpha' code I will generate, at least for a while. Now that the engine is 'done' (with the exception of the town/buy/sell stuff), I am going to actually start adding the 'content' and the town building code. My goal is something like a sort of roguelike Oblivion.

If you have the time, I would love some criticism/feedback, especially on performance of things like auto-explore on your system. I have manually coded the load/save dialog boxes because of the common 'comdlg32.ocx missing' people kept getting when I used what was supposed to be part of every Windows install.

Thank you for your time; hope everyone is having a nice summer (or winter for those of you down south)!

Brigand

Perdurabo

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Rogue Project 2
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 01:21:30 AM »
http://lordsofdarkhall.weebly.com/rogue-project-2.html

Another version of my rogue project is up. Work stalled a bit, but has picked up a lot lately. Engine feels pretty solid, and now that I have the skill framework and hotkey system done (just drop the skill code in and its done) it's time to start adding the content and begin balancing.

If you're interested, you can give it a test drive at the link above. You still can't die yet, and pressing \ on the overworld unlocks a few skills to play with. Pressing \ on the submap generates a random, possibly magic item for you to futz around with.

Probably the last 'alpha' code I will generate, at least for a while. Now that the engine is 'done' (with the exception of the town/buy/sell stuff), I am going to actually start adding the 'content' and the town building code. My goal is something like a sort of roguelike Oblivion.

If you have the time, I would love some criticism/feedback, especially on performance of things like auto-explore on your system. I have manually coded the load/save dialog boxes because of the common 'comdlg32.ocx missing' people kept getting when I used what was supposed to be part of every Windows install.

Thank you for your time; hope everyone is having a nice summer (or winter for those of you down south)!

Brigand

Excellent stuff, glad you're still keeping involved with this. I'll give you some feedback after the weekend.

Best,
P.