Author Topic: HALP!  (Read 5961 times)

Psiweapon

• Rogueliker
  • Im in ur rougeliekz, pixelling ur tielz!
    • View Profile
    • I Lovemaking Tiles
HALP!
« on: May 19, 2011, 01:01:01 PM »
Hay guise.

I'm working again on my ZAPM version and the debug breaks at a line which previously gave me no problem, giving a system null reference exception, which if I'm understanding clearly is a reference to an object not defined as a particular object.

Do you have any idea what should I hunt for? the debug messages aren't really helpful taking into account my lack of ninja skillz.
The invisible hand is a lie, the fiendish dogma of the market cultists. Lest the apostasy grows strong, their blood god will devour each and everyone, pious and infidel alike.

kipar

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: HALP!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 06:48:49 AM »
Perhaps you can post a piece of code here.
Maybe you delete this object somewhere before or it just don't load (or isn't created) properly due to some recent changes. Check what you have changed since it runs fine last time.

corremn

• Rogueliker
  • SewerJack Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
    • Demise RogueLike Games
Re: HALP!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 08:46:20 AM »
You are not mentioning that you are stepping through your code, that would be the first step.  Find out where the object is becoming NULL, or check that it is initialised in the first place.
corremn's Roguelikes. To admit defeat is to blaspheme against the Emperor.  Warhammer 40000 the Roguelike