Author Topic: Crawl: How do I get the "nice" colours in the windows console?  (Read 7963 times)

makkE

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Crawl: How do I get the "nice" colours in the windows console?
« on: November 15, 2010, 09:10:29 PM »
Hi

I used to play the dos version, because it looked so much nicer in console.
Now that they aren't doing any new dos versions, I played tiles for a while, but I miss the simple console style.

Now I have already found out how to get it to display in 80x25, but the colours are still hideous.

I know that frozen depths (win version) has the ugly colours too, unless you use the special shortcut that is provided, wich turns it into those other "nice" colours.

Is there any way I can get these colours to work in crawl too? I tried just usen the FD shortcut for crawl, but no success.

Z

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • Z's Roguelike Stuff
Re: Crawl: How do I get the "nice" colours in the windows console?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 10:44:36 AM »
My "cons2tcod" utility (available via the link in my signature) should do what you want...

I think you should be also able to modify colors in Windows by clicking the window title, choosing "Properties", then colors.

Omnivorous

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 07:17:14 PM »
Yeah man, use Z's brilliant "cons2tcod"! :D It's hardly worth playing in a tiny window, with bland colors and that horrible font windows loves so much! I love you Z!

Legend

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 06:07:27 AM »
Anyone know how the shortcut for frozen depths works? Would it be possible to edit that shortcut for use with other roguelikes like crawl?

I tried Z's utilities, and they are very nice, but seems to work a bit buggy for me. Especially with Rogue and MAG.

I hope Necklace of the Eye continues to get developed though. It's very promising and a fantastic idea.