Author Topic: DND2 version 0.1 somewhat playable alpha  (Read 4629 times)

Angbandit77

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Email
DND2 version 0.1 somewhat playable alpha
« on: September 21, 2010, 04:51:25 AM »
I've been working on this off and on since 1994.  This is a rewrite of the old DOS computer game DND.  There is some debate as to where this game originated (or none at all) but the floppy disk I had my hands on then stated the author as Daniel Lawrence and the publisher as R0 Software.  It was a dungeon exploration game modeled on the rules of Dungeons and Dragons with a 3 by 3 overhead map display.  The game is currently in development but you can get the idea from a quick play-through.  Comments, complaints, suggestions are not only welcomed but deeply desired. I've kept this project to myself for a long time but I think it's time shed some light on it.

Link to Google Code for my remake is here: http://code.google.com/p/dnd2/

Included are links to some information, but one site appears to be down.

Some might say this game does not count as a rogue-like, but I think most of the essential elements are there.

getter77

• Protector of the Temple
  • Global Moderator
  • Rogueliker
    • View Profile
Re: DND2 version 0.1 somewhat playable alpha
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 12:51:10 PM »
Ooh...how awesome!  I'd definitely say some screenshots/gameplay vids would be a good idea alongside populating the blog about the direction you are going in and whatnot.

I'm glad you decided to go public on this and will almost certainly be following it---keep up posted!   8)
Brian Emre Jeffears
Aspiring Designer/Programmer/Composer
In Training