Author Topic: GoG.com destroyed! (?)  (Read 7740 times)

getter77

• Protector of the Temple
  • Global Moderator
  • Rogueliker
    • View Profile
GoG.com destroyed! (?)
« on: September 19, 2010, 05:39:20 PM »
http://www.gog.com/en/frontpage/

Currently everybody is freaking the hell out, me included as I had several classic games needing downloading to be studied for Roguelike doings and otherwise.  What a Sunday!   >:(

Idle Facebook group chatter says maybe something to do with something coming on 9/22...and supposedly somehow there will be a chance to download all one has----but this is the craziest thing I've seen.  Their forum was one of the best out there, many user projects and mods, the works.
Brian Emre Jeffears
Aspiring Designer/Programmer/Composer
In Training

Krice

• (Banned)
  • Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: GoG.com destroyed! (?)
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 08:14:00 AM »
Someone calling it a marketing stunt. A funny one if it is. I don't really care that much, I played classic games when they were released, I'm that old. Remembering old games and the time you wasted on them (rather than trying to get girls) is cool, but playing them again? No thanks.

getter77

• Protector of the Temple
  • Global Moderator
  • Rogueliker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 11:53:47 AM »
I missed pretty well the whole lot of them the first go round though, took us quite awhile to get a PC and even longer before I discovered all that was out there.

If it is a stunt, this was a pretty crazy one indeed.
Brian Emre Jeffears
Aspiring Designer/Programmer/Composer
In Training

Skeletor

• Rogueliker
  • villains ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 09:08:30 PM »
Remembering old games and the time you wasted on them (rather than trying to get girls) is cool, but playing them again? No thanks.

Hahaha!!  ;D
What I enjoy the most in roguelikes: Anti-Farming and Mac Givering my way out. Kind of what I also enjoy in life.