Author Topic: Crossfire con Curses  (Read 4789 times)

IsharaComix

• Newcomer
  • Future Ph.D.
    • View Profile
    • IsharaComix Grad Blog
Crossfire con Curses
« on: July 02, 2010, 12:45:39 PM »
Hello everyone. I'm the silent idler from #rgrd who sometimes releases things. Sorry if this is the wrong thread to put this.

As a bit of a boredom project, I've written a terminal client for the Roguelike-like game Crossfire ( http://crossfire.real-time.com ). The aptly named 'Crossfire con Curses' can be found on my site ( http://isharacomix.com/downloads/project_cfcurses.html ).

I've been playing Crossfire with my brother for the past week using this client, and while it's a little quirky, I've had a blast using it. I can't stand the CF graphics or client, so I put this together. This is a not-serious program that I put together since I had the protocol document and nothing better to do with my time, but I thought I'd share it nonetheless. There's a Windows binary in the package along with the source code, but I have no earthly idea what it does.

It only works with CF version 1.50, and has a nasty tendency to bring about server crashes/hangs that don't happen with the official client (I hope to start writing some patches when I encounter these crashes to help out). I strongly suggest using this on a local server.

Fenrir

• Rogueliker
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Crossfire con Curses
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 01:46:24 PM »
Awesome. I would never have touched Crossfire with the way it looks now, but I definitely check it out now. Keep up the good work, IsharaComix!

getter77

• Protector of the Temple
  • Global Moderator
  • Rogueliker
    • View Profile
Re: Crossfire con Curses
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 07:55:54 PM »
I also say good work----the more nifty things out there that have anything to do with a given game, the better the visibility and times to be had by current and future players.  Keep at it and perhaps throw up some screenshots/videos of it in action on the project page?
Brian Emre Jeffears
Aspiring Designer/Programmer/Composer
In Training