Author Topic: 7DRL Reviews!  (Read 35346 times)

Krice

• (Banned)
  • Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 7DRL Reviews!
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2008, 11:11:34 AM »
You are almost right about 7DRLs, when will you get to do one?

Probably never. I don't have enough concentration to finish a game in 7 days. But I have continued programming one of my "7DRL" games.

corremn

• Rogueliker
  • SewerJack Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
    • Demise RogueLike Games
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2008, 11:38:57 AM »
You are almost right about 7DRLs, when will you get to do one? it is an englightening experience. Also it makes you stronger and raises your self-confidence :)

And man does it ever help to get girls. :P  Hey baby, wanna check out my 7DRL?
corremn's Roguelikes. To admit defeat is to blaspheme against the Emperor.  Warhammer 40000 the Roguelike

Kadwiell

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2008, 04:28:43 PM »
Tribe: vague user interface. Could not figure out when and how to use bombs. Tried to read README, but it didn't have line breaks. This piece was no doubt created in linux, the master of vague software. Tried to enter next level, but wasn't "ready" to go there. No explanation why. Sure has some puzzle elements in it..

Oops, I hope people didn't generally get stuck at this point. The prescence of the ">" is just flavour; you're already an inhabitant of the dungeon, and for simplicity you start at the deepest inhabitable level. The next level is the one closer to the surface where the invasion is beginning, e.g. "<".

(Regarding the bombs, the player is supposed to bring four of them to the stairs to the surface, then press the button to detonate them while standing on the stairs. I believe this is mentioned in the help file as the goal of the game, otherwise I agree it would be laughably obscure.)

corremn

• Rogueliker
  • SewerJack Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
    • Demise RogueLike Games
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2008, 12:30:52 AM »
Tribe: vague user interface. Could not figure out when and how to use bombs. Tried to read README, but it didn't have line breaks. This piece was no doubt created in linux, the master of vague software.

I assume you are using windows? Try wordpad not notpad! Then save it.
corremn's Roguelikes. To admit defeat is to blaspheme against the Emperor.  Warhammer 40000 the Roguelike