Author Topic: PrincessRL  (Read 22047 times)

Vanguard

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
PrincessRL
« on: March 16, 2010, 06:08:56 PM »
Flend (the creator of DDRogue) has come through again with another great 7DRL.

This one is called PrincessRL, and while it uses a special attack system very similar to DDRogue's for hand to hand combat, it also includes magic and charm based character builds.  The player is free to mix and match these as they like.

Check it out here!

Vanguard

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
Re: PrincessRL
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 08:37:32 PM »
PrincessRL pro tip:

Resting to regain stamina on the weekends is more efficient than doing it on weekdays.

Edit: Resting during weekdays also seems to have a chance of damaging your speed.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 04:39:43 AM by Vanguard »

guest509

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 09:58:29 AM »
  This was the top rated 7DRL this year. I played it, but just couldn't figure it out.

Darren Grey

• Rogueliker
  • It is pitch black. You are likely to eat someone.
    • View Profile
    • Games of Grey
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 05:15:16 PM »
I just got the Great General ending without ever dying in the game - good fun  :)

What couldn't you figure out, Jo?  Admittedly it really helps to have played the original Princess Maker game...

Vanguard

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 06:15:14 PM »
Have any of you cleared the ultimate dungeon yet?  I swear some of the regular guys in there are tons harder than the end boss.

Skeletor

• Rogueliker
  • villains ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 06:16:19 PM »
I like this game, but having not played the original Princess Maker game I find it quite hard.. how can I know the function of the various items?
Have the bonus/malus of the classes always the same chances or there are some better combinations?
What I enjoy the most in roguelikes: Anti-Farming and Mac Givering my way out. Kind of what I also enjoy in life.

Darren Grey

• Rogueliker
  • It is pitch black. You are likely to eat someone.
    • View Profile
    • Games of Grey
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 08:55:11 PM »
Vanguard, my great general char managed to kill one of the bosses in there.  It's a pretty tough place, but I think if you manage to clear the other dungeons quick enough then it's possible to have enough remaining months to clear it at leisure.

Skeletor, the items are grouped into charm, combat or magic bomuses - it should be obvious which are which.  One notable item is the glove in the first dungeon, which restores HP if you kill a monster with a combat special move.

I'm not sure what you mean by the bonus/malus of the classes.  I will say though that the game doesn't really reward multi-classing - go all out in one area, and try your best to train this area in dungeons with kills (kill with magic, special moves or charmed monsters killing for you).  Train athletics a lot for extra hp, and be sure to rest up a lot towards the end of the month so you have enough stamina for adventuring.