Author Topic: PrincessRL & libtcod-1.3.2  (Read 7054 times)

flend

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Email
PrincessRL & libtcod-1.3.2
« on: April 01, 2013, 09:56:41 PM »
When trying to get flatlineRL to work on Linux, I noticed that my PrincessRL linux binary no longer seems to work.

http://flend.net/files/princessrl-linux-v104.zip

It doesn't seem to like the libtcod.so , for some reason I've yet to figure out.

It's C# built against libtcod 1.3.2 with libtcodWrapper (C#). This works with mono on Linux.

I'm thinking if I recompile libtcod 1.3.2 on a modern Linux, this might help.

Unfortunately, I no longer have libtcod 1.3.2.

So, 2 questions:

1) Does anyone have a copy of libtcod 1.3.2? I will post other there too (user name seems to have expired).

2) Any Linux people interested in trying out the PrincessRL binary and telling me their experiences? It will require various mono libraries.

Cheers,

flend

libtcod 1.3.2

flend

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: PrincessRL & libtcod-1.3.2
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 10:28:13 PM »
Further info: the build of libtcod is 32-bit (my Ubuntu is 64-bit) but it doesn't work for me even with ia32-libs installed. Sounds like a rebuild from source would be best, so keen to get a copy of libtcod.

-flend

Vanguard

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 11:01:06 AM »
Oh man I wish I could help.

PrincessRL is the best 7drl I've ever played.

AgingMinotaur

• Rogueliker
  • Original Discriminating Buffalo Man
    • View Profile
    • Land of Strangers
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 12:42:51 PM »
Hi, I'm running 32 bit Debian ("testing"/"wheezy" branch) on an old EeePC. I have some standard mono stuff installed, but never fiddled with libtcod. I downloaded the v104 and executed with "mono PrincessRL.exe" – it seems to work beautifully. I'll give the game a more serious try later on. In the meantime, let me know (in this thread or by pm) if there's anything else I can do to help testing.

As always,
Minotauros
This matir, as laborintus, Dedalus hous, hath many halkes and hurnes ... wyndynges and wrynkelynges.

flend

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 10:39:28 PM »
Thanks for the info AgingMinotaur. PrincessRL worked for me on latest Ubuntu (32-bit) after I install mono-complete and libsdl. Copying the flatlinerl.exe on top of the PrincessRL libraries also worked (I remember I had to do some hack on the c# wrapper dll but that was 4 years ago and I've forgotten it :) ). So that's all good and uploaded.

Now I just need to find and then recompile libtcod-1.3.2 for 64-bit. I don't really want to use a later version since the c# wrapper seems to be no longer maintained.

-flend