Author Topic: Help with an error please. (Oangband)  (Read 18180 times)

Dalton

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Help with an error please. (Oangband)
« on: September 25, 2009, 06:29:24 PM »
I was blinded, and while blind proceeded to flail around and blindly kill a swarm of enemies nearby. Then while stumbling around blind I got the message "you feel copper under your feet" or something. Wanting to pick up the money, I pressed g and it said "You have copper (b)".

For some reason it put the money in my inventory instead of in my AU!

So I've been playing for the last few hours with this wasted inventory slot. I can't drop it, sell it, destroy it. Enemies that steal or destroy inventory don't steal or destroy the copper. For all intents and purposes it shouldn't be there, the game doesn't know what to do with it, and there's no way to interact with it. It's just taking up space. Frankly I'm surprised it's not causing crashes.

Does anybody know how I can edit my character file to delete the copper from my inventory? And would doing so make me a "cheater"? For a "real win" should I just bear with the bug and keep trekking?

Dalton

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Help with an error please. (Oangband)
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 06:42:31 PM »
Actually, whether it's cheating or not is kind of irrelevant now. I just died. But this is still a pretty noteworthy occasion.

Vanguard

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 09:08:47 PM »
That's weird.

corremn

• Rogueliker
  • SewerJack Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
    • Demise RogueLike Games
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 10:34:31 AM »
At least find the author and report the bug.  Funny though.
corremn's Roguelikes. To admit defeat is to blaspheme against the Emperor.  Warhammer 40000 the Roguelike

Dalton

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 10:03:06 PM »
I have emailed the current maintainer and linked him to this thread. Hopefully the email address on his site is the one he still uses.

Man this is the best bug I've ever seen, but anyway for future reference could somebody tell me how to edit my character in case things like this happen again? Or is it my civic duty as a roguelike player to earn a "real win" by persevering through the bugged inventory?