Author Topic: TIGsource Procedural Generation Competition  (Read 21278 times)

Slash

• Creator of Roguetemple
  • Administrator
  • Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • Slashie.net
    • Email
TIGsource Procedural Generation Competition
« on: May 14, 2008, 11:42:35 PM »
Hello all!

As you all know, a competition about procedural content generation has been  issued over The Independant Gaming Source.

Deadline is June 2, which is more than 2 weeks from tonight. Why dont you join us in our 14DRL crusade to make roguelikes better known to the world?

Alternatively, you may just want to participate with something not a roguelike. :)

Mr. Icey is there already, as well as me :P

Anvilfolk

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
Re: TIGsource Procedural Generation Competition
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 04:04:09 AM »
Hah! I fart in your general direction!

Us Who Are Too Busy do not have enough time for your mindless play! It would be preposterous to even think of participating, shirking our busy, busy responsibilities! One test and three delivery-dates for assignments a couple of days before that! We shall be much too occupied!

Just kidding of course - but the busy part is all too true!

I wish you both the best! Good luck, I'll be watching your entries!
"Get it hot! Hit it harder!!!"
 - The tutor warcry

One of They Who Are Too Busy

TeeEmCee

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 01:10:51 PM »
Darn. I would have liked to have entered, given my ideas for random content, given 3 months warning (or realistically, 6 months might have been required to free a whole month), but I only just found out yesterday. (I know, not checking the Temple for weeks on end? I deserved what I got and far more still)

I'll still be sticking the ideas in a RL or two, but they'll be way off at this rate.

You still haven't started, Slashie? Oh no!
Have you spotted any other roguelike's entering?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 01:22:07 PM by TeeEmCee »

corremn

• Rogueliker
  • SewerJack Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
    • Demise RogueLike Games
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 06:58:30 AM »
Wall of the Words is cool. Too bad I suck at scrabble. Cheers

Edit>
Yay I won on first go. Score 5515. I had four of the enemies one square away from my fortress :). *phew

Although not a RL still I can see RL inspiration. Plus I see commercial success for this game.  What would be cool would be music, updated graphics (sorry Mr Gervais), more levels, dificulty levels, save/load RL style of course and a highscore list. This would then be marketable $$.

Also the occasional super monster that eats walls quicker (or a monster that changes direction then turns into a normal monster), a super letter tile that has double point value, surrounding mosters in tiles kills them or hybinates them until another monster frees them, double and tripple letter/word score squares randomly placed, custom board size and a word list that recognises the word "diles" :P, man I really thought it was a word, that nearly cost me the game, "dials" is of course the correct spelling :)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 05:02:14 AM by corremn »
corremn's Roguelikes. To admit defeat is to blaspheme against the Emperor.  Warhammer 40000 the Roguelike

Slash

• Creator of Roguetemple
  • Administrator
  • Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • Slashie.net
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 04:14:28 PM »
Well I failed; I neither had the time nor the motivation to work on that project.

A good friend told me to stop remaking NES games and focus on roguelikes of my own instead. :)

corremn

• Rogueliker
  • SewerJack Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
    • Demise RogueLike Games
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 12:02:27 AM »
Well I failed; I neither had the time nor the motivation to work on that project.

A good friend told me to stop remaking NES games and focus on roguelikes of my own instead. :)

What? no Chrono TriggerRL?
corremn's Roguelikes. To admit defeat is to blaspheme against the Emperor.  Warhammer 40000 the Roguelike

Slash

• Creator of Roguetemple
  • Administrator
  • Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • Slashie.net
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 04:13:59 PM »
Not from me :P