Author Topic: Crawl and Nethack question  (Read 7991 times)

guest509

Crawl and Nethack question
« on: December 10, 2010, 10:25:31 AM »
  Is there a way to ID all the items automatically. I'm hating on the ID minigame right now and would love to have them identified. This would make the games easier, but that's fine. :-)
  Will I need to just hack the code?

Omnivorous

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
Re: Crawl and Nethack question
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 03:30:05 PM »
Or you can just buy acouple of scrolls..

kipar

• Rogueliker
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 05:18:24 PM »
Buying enough scrolls is a problem both in nethack and crawl. After certain level you will get enough ID scrolls (and ID spell in nethack).

You can hack a code to get enough ID scrolls from start (if have all tools to compile the code).

Or you can switch to another game. In *bands there are plenty of these scrolls at shop, in DoomRL and GearHead everything is already identified, in Elona wizard can identify all your items for a relatively small price etc.

lolwhat

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 02:46:38 PM »
There will be a new God in the next version of Crawl that will auto-identify things for you

hope this helps

Psiweapon

• Rogueliker
  • Im in ur rougeliekz, pixelling ur tielz!
    • View Profile
    • I Lovemaking Tiles
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 03:59:51 PM »
Man, you better get used to ID'ing stuff.

Also, most stuff in the early game isn't lethal enough that you can't risk using them right away.

In crawl, any potion or scroll you have found 4 or five copies of below level 7 or something similar, is mostly safe to blindly use. Do it when YOU ARE NOT IN A PINCH and you should do fine.

Nethack is less forgiving for that.
The invisible hand is a lie, the fiendish dogma of the market cultists. Lest the apostasy grows strong, their blood god will devour each and everyone, pious and infidel alike.