you return from your errands to find your house destroyed, your parents killed and the last of the kobold raiding party eating your dog's corpse. Swearing vengeance you...
I've just registered my entry for my very first 7DRL, 7d Koboldicide.
I'll be using python 2.7 + libtcod, and I'll build upon a framework I've been playing around with since I found the libtcod tutorial.
My elevator pitch AKA realistic goals:
- ASCII graphs [done]
- no stats, just skills gained through use [done and not done : leveling is through items]
- 4-button + direction interface [done]
- realistic inventory (no 10-feet poles somehow hidden inside your chainmail bikini) [semi-done. there are bugs]
- self-contained story [kinda?]
- overworld + dungeons [done + done]
my unrealistic goals (things I want but won't promise):
- AI that cooperates to trap, ambush and kill the player [as expected, not done.]
- gamepad support (probably not gonna be able of doing it in libtcod) [not done also.]
And.. that's it! I'll try to finish the framework tomorrow and begin either Sunday or Monday.
end result: https://github.com/kalaeth/7DKoboldicide/blob/after_fixes/7DKoboldiide_win_fixes.rar
(win executable. linux executable available at the github page too)
(I'll use this thread to post updates throughout the 7DRL)
edit: changed link to bug fixed version