So, a lot of this release was carry-over from the previous one - there are now wilderness shops (bazaars, which can generate in fields/scrublands/hills/desert), and shops can generate in the random villages as well, with a probability based on the type of settlement. Springs, which generated in forests and were previously just terrain variation, can now have a fairy spirit generated within. Chat with the spirit to have your HP and AP fully restored.
Dungeons also can now have springs generated within, and I've slightly upped the chance of each room having a special feature. Dungeon springs will always have a fairy spirit generated - they seem to want to help...
Other than that, a few bug fixes, and a few more skills implemented (Bowyer, Fletchery, Lore). Fewer bug fixes than previous releases, too, which is great - I'll delude myself into thinking it's because I haven't written any.
Shadow of the Wyrm v0.6.1 "Riquier"
- Version declared February 3, 2017. Version finalized March 1, 2017.
- Wearables can now apply status ailments when equipped, and undo them
- Satiation effect type. When in place, a creature's hunger clock
decrements at ~15% the normal speed.
- Implemented the Lore skill. This gives a chance to identify the status
of an item the first time the player picks it up. The chance is
directly proportional to the skill value.
- The Bowyer skill is implemented as well. When you have a bough, you
can use it to create a bow or a crossbow. Higher skill values will add
to-hit or damage bonuses, in the same way that this is done for e.g.
Smithing. The Crafting skill also plays a role in the total potential
improvements points, though to a lesser extent than Bowyer.
- Fletchery has also been implemented. A branch can now be turned into
arrows, bolts, javelins, or throwing clubs. The quantity created is
based on the per-item weight and the weight of the branch. The
ammunition created will get better and better with higher Fletchery and
- In-game shops have their items restocked on a monthly basis. This
covers all shops on all persistent maps. If the player is on a map
with a shop when the repop occurs, he or she will see a message about
- Tree tiles now have a chance of generating a bough instead of a branch.
- Blackwater traps are now light blue instead of dark. (Rob Ayres)
- Spellbooks now provide fewer castings when read.
- Adventurers also start with a wand they've found on their travels,
either lightning bolt or teleport.
- The random villages that are scattered throughout the world now have
a chance to contain a shop: 40% for a hamlet or scattered settlement,
75% for a regular settlement, 85% for a walled settlement, 100% for
- Quests now show not just the questmaster, but the map that they're
- Currency is now fixed at uncursed status, always identified, and cannot
be blessed or cursed. This will allow proper ivory stacking in the
- Reworked the item generation algorithm. The previous algorithm was
based purely on an item's danger level and rarity, and did not take
type into account at all. After the rework, almost all items are now
"common" for their specified danger level. The algorithm now first
picks an item type (weapon, potion, etc) and then tries to generate an
item of that type based on the danger level and selected rarity. This
ensures a more even distribution of item types throughout the game, as
previously scrolls, potions, and so on, were notoriously rare, getting
passed over in the selection process by more common items. The
algorithm is a work in progress and is likely to be reworked or tweaked
in future versions.
- Teleport wands will appear earlier.
- Shopkeepers don't like being outside their shop, so they will not allow
the player to switch places with them. (Rob Ayres)
- Praying can now cause a deity to neuter all breeders on the level,
preventing them from breeding. Subsequently generated breeders are not
- The chance of a breeder to breed on a given turn has increased from
10% to 15%.
- There are a few more creatures at the start of Amaurosis' lair.
- The game now keeps track of which creature gave each status ailment.
Experience is now properly granted when killing a creature with a
time-delayed effect, such as poison or petrification (Esran).
- Keybindings are now reloaded whenever the game runs, not just when a
character is first created (Esran).
- Bazaars can now be generated in the wilderness. They can be generated
on field, scrub, hill, and desert locations, and will display a message
when moving on to the tile on the world map.
- Springs in the wilderness can now generate a fairy spirit. These are
the spirits of the fairy girls slaughtered by the giants in the sacred
glade. If you talk to one of these spirits, you'll have HP/AP restored,
and hunger satiated.
- Slightly increased the probability of generating a special room in a
- Springs can now be generated in dungeons as well as forests. In
dungeons, a fairy spirit will always be generated at the spring.
- More combinations for random name generation.
- More stanzas for "Tel and Floridel".
- New shops: potion shop in Gnordvar, general store in Stoneheim.
- New items: satiative amulet, bough, wand of wrath, wand of arcana.
- New creatures: kingspirit, roiling slime, splitting shrike, marsh
wraith, ancient worm, Pelageus, fairy spirit.
- Bug fixes:
- The Literacy skill's improvement message was the same as Leadership
- Ivory pieces were forming separate stacks when selling, rather than
being merged into the player's existing amount (Rob Ayres).
- Petrification wasn't leaving a corpse on the right tile.
- Creatures could leave both corpses and statues when petrified.
- Creatures could drop their equipment and generate death drops when
petrified, but these items would be unreachable due to statues being
blocking features. Suppressed item drops/generation on petrification,
as any items should be considered part of the statue.