I am always down for more feedback. This is good stuff:
1. Good catch. I'll add it to my to-do list.
2. Makes sense. Added to my list.
3. Also a good idea. Added to my list.
4. That's definitely a bug. I wrote the quest before allowing the player to continue after slaying Amaurosis. Added to my list.
5. They're part of the character dump.
6. Not at the moment. How useful would this be? My concern would be having to go through all the places in-game that add messages and figure out which are "important".
7. Yup. Will look at having those train automatically.
8. Definitely an oversight, probably a big. Will fix.
9. I'm torn on this. Some skills are available in-game, but if e.g. Smithing is made available, it destroys any reason to play a Smith, other than getting the skill a little earlier. I definitely want to have class differentiation via skills.
10. Intentional. You can always use the "L"ook command.
11. The item generation algorithm sucks less than previous versions, but it still has quirks. I've made some minor adjustments, and it should be less common in future versions.
12. I'd thought about this, but all the creature damage/HP is built around the current set of eq slots. Part of my reluctance is that there's only so much room on the screen in 80x25. I could add it, but I'd need to remove something else. One of the ring slots would be a likely candidate. Because of that, I've never thought about it seriously.
13. They don't affect it right now. Again, I've considered it, but right now, pumping health will increase your Soak, which in a sense acts like HP. It's actually, it's better in some sense, as it as a damage canceller.
Congrats on winning the game! I haven't seen a lot of reported victories, though I've seen a handful. I tend to like the spellcasting classes, as well. I often play witchlings because I'm lazy and don't have to hunt for spellbooks (this is also why I play Pugilists, on the warrior-y side).
You've hit on the central trade-offs of artifacts. They're static and immutable, but tend to come with much higher resists than are possible via most other pieces of equipment. I haven't made spreadsheets out of this stuff, but my intention is that people take skins or found equipment if they want evade and soak, artifacts for resists (generally).
Let me know if you want hints for the cosmos stone. I think I added one to the dwarf who gives you the quest a few versions ago. You'll need a key for the underground prison, and the key is hidden away.
If you beat the creature guarding the cosmos stone (and I have to stress that it's an optional quest, and the boss is harder than the wyrm), you get a rather ridiculously overpowered sword.
I'm glad you're enjoying the game. The game itself still feels very "early" to me. There's a lot of set things to do, but the random locations aren't very interesting yet. I guess I'm looking for a number of different things:
- Bug reports, first and foremost! I try to keep the game as reasonably bug-free as possible, and crash bugs are my top priority.
- Feedback on mechanics and gameplay
- Various suggestions like the ones you have above
- Anything else!
SotW doesn't have a huge player base, but I've benefited enormously from the suggestions that players have given me.