New version - 0.4.1
Windows build: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8dmb2rzaxto7rnz/ShadowOfTheWyrm-Win-0.4.1.zip?dl=0
Not much in the way of new features this version, but there's plenty of bugfixes.
Shadow of the Wyrm v0.4.1 "Torroba"
- Version declared September 1, 2015. Version finalized September 12,
- Pierce damage is now "X tears at Y" (AgingMinotaur).
- Added a file of suggestions to look at for each release.
- Adjusted a few more creatures to not have 'w' for a symbol: woodsman,
high wizard, dire wolf, witch king.
- In character creation, name has been moved to the end of the process
at the request of quite a few people.
- Stopped automovement when stepping on an item. Prevented the
item-related message from getting cleared from the message buffer by
the command processing code.
- Automovement also halts when the number of available directions is
reduced from the number available from the previous step.
- Tanning will now have a chance to also add a portion of the corpse
creature's original soak value to the piece of armour. (AgingMinotaur)
- Ivory pieces are now "free" in terms of their total number - they do
not count at all against the total number of items a creature can
- Enchanting skins can now add potential soak, that get converted to
actual-soak when turning the skin into a piece of armour.
- Bug fixes:
- CarryingCapacityCalculator was missing an entry for huge creatures,
causing bugs related to maximum number of items (pat--).
- Wreckers looked like flowers. Changed their symbol to 'h'
- Typo in a Lua function name meant Siriath's quest couldn't be
- Items can no longer be kicked into/through walls (AgingMinotaur).
- Up exit from Wintersea Keep B1 was declared on the wrong tile
- Equipment merging was occurring for all slots, not just ammunition
- Documentation PDFs had a stray reference to "Savage Lands" (barrabus).
- Brass knuckles and spiked gloves had 0 speed. This was being treated
by the engine as a free attack. Changed the speed to 1 for each,
and updated the engine to ensure that a valid attack is considered
at least 1 in terms of speed (barrabus).
- North-east tile selection wasn't being remapped properly (barrabus).
- There was a bug in the screen paging so that if the number of lines
was greater than the allowable number for a screen, the screen would
not page correctly. This caused the inventory screen to "jump around"
(AgingMinotaur & others).
- The option letters weren't being reset properly, so it was not
possible to view all of a creature's items without filtering
(AgingMinotaur & others).