is intended to be a Judge Dredd-like (hurr!) entry for 7drl 2014. It will be created in Unity3D and builds will be for Win/Mac/Lin.
Focus is on managing three resources and defeating perps. Health, ammunition, and bullhorns
can be used in combinations to produce different effects. You can chain actions together for other effects. If this sounds vague it's because I haven't actually created the game yet.
Will most likely open source the code when the 7drl is over. Will most likely not open non-code assets. Scripts will all be in C#. There will be boilerplate I wrote instead of stole. There will probably be a God class. You will probably not want my code xD
Updating progress on my blog:http://www.worthlessbums.com/blog/2014/03/08/7-day-roguelike-2014/
Reddit Screenshot Saturday xPost:http://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/comments/1zvbom/screenshot_saturday_161_the_way_of_the_indie/cfxdlmx
-----------------------------------------------------------------Update 8 March 2014, 8:46 a.m. EST
First screen of the day:
Last screen of the day.Animated Gif (712kb).
Stuff accomplished in the last ~9 hours:
- Main Menu and procedurally generated levels. Can progress via elevator tiles.
- Three player resources that feed and regain off one another. No item/refill spawns.
- Action chains can have separate effects.
- Three enemy types. Faster movement, harder to kill, steal resources, et cetera.
- Minimap for better tactical awareness despite first-person view.
- Tileset shamelessly ripped from Steam Marines; Will probably replace later.
- Controller support (primarily Xbox + Win for default axes.)
- Main Menu and in-game music.
- Amzing Bfxr sound effects.
That's all for now. (Slightly) more info on the updated blog post.Update 9 March 2014, 6:50 a.m. ESTBuilds!Win x86 v0.1Mac x86 v0.1Lin x86 v0.1Webplayer v0.1
I want to stress that this is a 3-resource juggling act. Don't just fire off all your ammo at the start!Update 11 March 2014, 3:33 a.m. ESTCrime Central
is essentially a complete game now, with a beginning, middle, and end. A victory counter was implemented into the main menu, and a special unlock if the players dies too much xD Will probably finish tonight/tomorrow morning and release final builds.Update 11 March 2014, 7:37 a.m. ESTCrime Central
v0.2 builds and full Unity project (license included; code is any use - ask permission for other assets.)Win x86 v0.2Mac x86 v0.2Lin x86 v0.2Web version v0.2Unity project
Hope you like it and that the code is somewhat usable for anyone!