Author Topic: I miss the old RogueTemple theme  (Read 5940 times)

Skeletor

• High Priest
  • villains ftw
    • View Profile
I miss the old RogueTemple theme
« on: October 02, 2013, 01:13:46 PM »
I don't know.. this new blue and white theme doesn't feel "roguelike".. I loved the white on black theme with the logo on top we had before.
And there's no avatars.. why this?
Slash, will the old graphics be restored?
What I enjoy the most in roguelikes: Anti-Farming and Mac Givering my way out. Kind of what I also enjoy in real life.

AgingMinotaur

• Protector of the @
  • Original Discriminating Buffalo Man
    • View Profile
    • Land of Strangers
Re: I miss the old RogueTemple theme
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 08:39:11 PM »
Hm, even though I don't feel like it's a big issue – and the new theme is comfortable enough – I actually did enjoy the slightly idiosyncratic feel of ye olde white-on-black theme, so I'll throw in a +1. Same goes for the avatars, actually. "Ein bisschen Spass muss sein", after all. By the way, I don't know why, but a select few seem to have kept their avatars, such as Anvilfolk. (Which reminds me: Anvilfolk, where did you go with NausicäaRL? Come back, we still loves you!)

As always,
Minotauros
This matir, as laborintus, Dedalus hous, hath many halkes and hurnes ... wyndynges and wrynkelynges.

Z

• Protector of the @
    • View Profile
    • Z's Roguelike Stuff
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 08:55:35 PM »
I also want the old theme back!

Kyzrati

• High Priest
    • View Profile
    • Grid Sage Games
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 12:19:45 AM »
I preferred the old theme as well, though the added functionality of the current forum version is much better. It'd be nice to get a re-skin. As I recall, though, avatars were intentionally removed because they are a common security risk.
Cogmind - Sci-fi Roguelike (devblog) | X@COM - The X-COM RL | REXPaint - ASCII art editor

Jo

• Protector of the @
  • Joseph Bradshaw
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 02:20:50 AM »
I didn't notice anything...hmmm...
Klingon RL, Gunfist 7DRL, Cardlike 7DRL, Cardlike: Quest for the Goat Horn, Sun Crusher 7DRL, The Littlest Princess 7DRL and dozens of board and card games.

NON

• High Priest
    • View Profile
    • Infra Arcana
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 06:43:18 AM »
I actually did enjoy the slightly idiosyncratic feel of ye olde white-on-black theme, so I'll throw in a +1.
My thoughts exactly. The current theme... well it works, but it's so... common :(

The old theme really felt "Roguelike".
Happy is the tomb where no wizard hath lain and happy the town at night whose wizards are all ashes.

I have seen the dark universe yawning, where the black planets roll without aim, where they roll in their horror unheeded, without knowledge, or lustre, or name.

Jo

• Protector of the @
  • Joseph Bradshaw
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 07:11:42 AM »
Seriously slashy could we please make it more roguelike, stop with all the crazy video animations and just go ascii only, my comp can't barely handle the HD...please?

8)
Klingon RL, Gunfist 7DRL, Cardlike 7DRL, Cardlike: Quest for the Goat Horn, Sun Crusher 7DRL, The Littlest Princess 7DRL and dozens of board and card games.

akeley

• High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 08:33:09 AM »
One of the reasons I like this forum is the clean, sparse design. A rarity these days. If the old one was even better, bring it on!

But avatars = tiles, surely?

Slash

• Priest of Roguetemple
  • Administrator
  • Protector of the @
    • View Profile
    • Slashie.net
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 05:52:27 PM »
Hello all.

I'm running through pretty hard times with work and stuff, if anybody could work a SMF2 theme based on the old one that would be great... I can send the template.

IIRC I removed it fearing that it had been hacked and had evil code injected... seriously after the past 2 hack attacks I was pretty depressed about that and just decided to throw this "default" one, to conserve it functional.

Krice

• Protector of the @
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 07:55:04 AM »
It's not that important. This theme is fine too.

TheCreator

• High Priest
    • View Profile
    • Fame
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 10:35:34 AM »
Yeah. Black themes are childish and I really hated that huge logo. I have installed a browser plugin just to get rid of the logo, seriously :).
Fame (Untitled) - my game. Everything is a roguelike.

Skeletor

• High Priest
  • villains ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2014, 12:37:36 PM »
I still really miss the old theme.. I don't know, it feels quite cold and aseptic now, light blue with that SimpleMachinesForum logo, and no avatars..
Could we go back to the old skin Slash (maybe after starting a poll)?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 12:39:18 PM by Skeletor »
What I enjoy the most in roguelikes: Anti-Farming and Mac Givering my way out. Kind of what I also enjoy in real life.

Trystan

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • my blog
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2014, 02:35:01 AM »
I vote against avatars and tons of "flare". I want content and something that doesn't look too suspicious if I happen to browse a bit while at work.

Z

• Protector of the @
    • View Profile
    • Z's Roguelike Stuff
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2014, 06:08:59 PM »
Configuration, then. Current colors or white-on-black, truetype or fixed font, avatars or not.

Paul Jeffries

• High Priest
    • View Profile
    • Vitruality.com
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2014, 07:16:23 PM »
I think everything should stay exactly the way it is, including the fact that only super awesome cool people can have avatars.