Author Topic: JauntTrooper series: A call to arms.  (Read 13316 times)

getter77

• Protector of the Temple
  • Global Moderator
  • Protector of the @
    • View Profile
Re: JauntTrooper series: A call to arms.
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2011, 11:07:18 PM »
For me, it is a sad proof that you can't get a commercial success with a Roguelike. 

Funny how this was most likely everyone's sentiment two years ago and now we have Dredmor.

Let's hope this is a sign that the scene continues to move on to better and better days consistent with my ranting/raving from the mountaintops in the storm like a madman since the very start here!   :P

...It could've happened even sooner for the Western PC audience perhaps if Dungeonmans hadn't imploded.   :'(
Brian Emre Jeffears
Aspiring Designer/Programmer/Composer
In Training

Psiweapon

• High Priest
  • Im in ur rougeliekz, pixelling ur tielz!
    • View Profile
    • I Lovemaking Tiles
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 03:13:36 PM »
Wow, this is all greek to me, but sure sounds like an epic technoarcheology affair.

Best of luck guys.
The invisible hand is a lie, the fiendish dogma of the market cultists. Lest the apostasy grows strong, their blood god will devour each and everyone, pious and infidel alike.

Lord Blade

• Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 05:04:50 PM »
I tried downloading the game at one point, but couldn't get it to run on Vista. :(

MegaCorp

• Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2012, 06:23:32 PM »

Hello All,

Send me email at MegaCorp@aol.com if you would like a copy of my game JauntTrooper: Mission Thunderbolt for Windows.  No charge.  No copy protection.  It will come to you as a 7MB Zip file attachment to an email ... assuming your email system permits attachments that contain programs.

Unfortunately, TBolt does not run correctly under 64-bit Windows 7 directly.  Instead, you must launch Windows Virtual PC (XP Compatibility Mode) first, then run the game within it.  32-bit Windows 7 is fine, as is Windows XP.

I am not able to send out the Mac versions since I no longer own a Macintosh - any attempt to do so under Windows destroys the "data fork" resources that are peculiar to Mac OS.

Regards,

Dave S.

MegaCorp

• Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2012, 06:27:21 PM »
I tried downloading the game at one point, but couldn't get it to run on Vista. :(

Should work fine under 32-Bit Vista, but you will need to run the game via Windows Virtual PC (XP Compatibility Mode) for 64-Bit.

Regards,

Dave S.

Jo

• Protector of the @
  • Joseph Bradshaw
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2012, 02:37:17 AM »
  I played this a bit. Interesting and advanced, sort of in the *Hack family with lots of hard to fathom interactions.

I had the graphics kicking around my HD for awhile.
Klingon RL, Gunfist 7DRL, Cardlike 7DRL, Cardlike: Quest for the Goat Horn, Sun Crusher 7DRL, The Littlest Princess 7DRL and dozens of board and card games.

getter77

• Protector of the Temple
  • Global Moderator
  • Protector of the @
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2012, 03:09:28 AM »
Thanks on behalf of the present and future folks all for this generous gesture MegaCorp.
Brian Emre Jeffears
Aspiring Designer/Programmer/Composer
In Training

MegaCorp

• Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 03:12:08 PM »
The .ZIP that I emailed to some of you folks contained a README.TXT that should be ignored - it was from long ago - I no longer desire any form of payment and the specified street address is no longer valid.  That file will not be present hereafter.  Apologies for any confusion.