Author Topic: Infra Arcana, a horror/Lovecraft roguelike (now at v18.2).  (Read 61380 times)

getter77

• Protector of the Temple
  • Global Moderator
  • Protector of the @
    • MSN Messenger - BRIAN13137@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BRIAN13137
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - getterbrian
    • View Profile
Re: Infra Arcana, a horror/Lovecraft roguelike (now at v18.1).
« Reply #345 on: March 17, 2016, 08:48:08 PM »
v18.1
Gameplay
* Worms Masses may now only split once (i.e. the split worms may not also split themselves), they do not split if they are killed with enough damage, they are not allowed to attack immediately after being split, and the confusion effect from Mind Worm bites has a much shorter duration. However, Worms now move at normal speed (instead of slow).
* Gas Mask and Asbestos Suit now protects against blindness from Ravens, Spitting Cobras, and Dust Vortexes
* Vortex monsters no longer �explode� when they die
* Oozes can no longer regenerate HP while burning
* There is now much smaller chance of gaining multiple phobias, and you can never become both sadistic and masochistic at the same time
* Picking the Fearless trait immediately ends all active phobias
* When bashing or eating multiple corpses in the same cell, Zombie-type monsters are now prioritized (since you want to destroy them as soon as possible before they rise)
* You can now also kick in your own cell (�w�, then �5� or �.�) - to destroy corpses you�re standing on
* You are no longer �telepathically�aware of where all allied monsters are - if they are out of sight or invisible, you can lose awareness of them
* You can now only accidentally drop your melee weapon during combat if you are Cursed

Interface
* Spells in the casting menu now appear in the order that you learned the spells (instead of alphabetically)
* On turns that you can walk for free due to Dextrous, the �T� is now colored green instead of the number (to be less distracting)
* Removed the �icon mode� which used a heart, brain, stopwatch etc as symbols in the user interface
* The message �I stop waiting� is no longer printed when fainting or paralyzed

Bug fixes
* Fixed some bugs in the monster movement AI (it wasn�t anything critical, but it made them act a bit weird in a few specific situations)
* Fixed a faulty message when pressing �t� with no item selected for throwing (the message adviced to press �w� to wield a throwing weapon, but the actual key should be �i�)
* Property messages such as �...is paralyzed� is no longer allowed for dead monsters
Brian Emre Jeffears
Aspiring Designer/Programmer/Composer
In Training

Skeletor

• High Priest
  • villains ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 19, 2016, 12:53:08 AM »
Very good to see NON keeps working on this gem, one of the best roguelikes around.
What I enjoy the most in roguelikes: Anti-Farming and Mac Givering my way out. Kind of what I also enjoy in real life.

Musaab

• Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Rogue Code
« Reply #347 on: April 18, 2016, 06:40:20 AM »
^^^^^ Agreed  ;D

getter77

• Global Moderator
  • Protector of the @
    • View Profile
Re: Infra Arcana, a horror/Lovecraft roguelike (now at v18.2).
« Reply #348 on: July 03, 2016, 12:23:27 PM »
v18.2

Gameplay
* All backgrounds (classes) now have ranged attack bonus vs unaware targets (not just Rogues)
* Ghoul characters are no longer shocked by Ghoul statues
* You no longer drop your items when you die
* Removed the "R" command to rearrange rounds between pistol magazines - this is now instead done when you wait (with "5", "s", or ".")
* Spider webs are now destroyed when the creature held is teleported away or knocked back
* Fire Hound bites now also causes Burning (like their ranged attacks)
* Slightly reduced the number of Medical Bag supplies
* Critically failing a melee attack can no longer result in dropping the weapon

Interface
* When picking traits, the game now shows all traits and their prerequisites (no information is hidden)
* When aiming explosives, the explosion size is marked on the map
* Added option for confirming "-More-" prompts with any key (off by default)
* Messages are no longer written in all capitals while Frenzied
* New menu color scheme
* Removed some redundant messages to reduce clutter ("I pause for a while...", "I stop waiting.")
* Added a section in the manual about inventory handling

Bug fixes
* Fixed a bug that caused monsters with Fear Resistance to end all player phobias when they spawned (this was mistakenly reported to the insanity system as a "player gaining permanent rFear" event)
* Fixed some buggy item drop code (which may have caused crashes)
* Fixed some minor bugs in the map generator (the map generator can also do a few new things now, although it's probably subtle)
* Fixed some errors in Manuscript names (underscores had snuck into a few names for some reason)
* Fixed a bug that (in some rare specific cases) allowed monsters to move into the position already occupied by another monster
* Fixed a bug were teleporting or being knocked back while held by a spider web, caused the web to be able to hold any creature that walked into it, regardless of monster type (e.g. ethereal monsters or spiders could then also be held)
Brian Emre Jeffears
In Training

Legend

• Protector of the @
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #349 on: July 13, 2016, 02:35:58 AM »
I gotta say that I am extremely happy to see Infra Arcana still being worked on. Especially when it seemed that NON was going to shelve it a while back. This is an extremely interesting, intricate, and tough roguelike that takes the best elements from some classics, a couple newer ones, and it's own innovative aspects to boot with a great yet under-used theme in roguelikes.

It is still my most played and enjoyed roguelike today since I first discovered it.\

I think this game is a prime candidate for a second visit on roguelike radio since it has taken many changes, strides, and advancements  since the initial roguelike radio episode on it.

Thank you very much for the new release NON.

(P.S. I'm sorry, but I have to... Spiked Mace?)

NON

• High Priest
    • View Profile
    • Infra Arcana
    • Email
« Reply #350 on: July 25, 2016, 11:10:29 PM »
I gotta say that I am extremely happy to see Infra Arcana still being worked on. Especially when it seemed that NON was going to shelve it a while back.
Almost half a decade ago ;D (if you refer to the Roguelike radio interview)

This is an extremely interesting, intricate, and tough roguelike that takes the best elements from some classics, a couple newer ones, and it's own innovative aspects to boot with a great yet under-used theme in roguelikes.

It is still my most played and enjoyed roguelike today since I first discovered it.\

Thank you very much for the new release NON.
Thank you so much!

Alright, alright. I'm making a note of this for next version right *now*  ;)
Happy is the tomb where no wizard hath lain and happy the town at night whose wizards are all ashes.

Legend

• Protector of the @
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #351 on: July 31, 2016, 06:55:22 PM »

Alright, alright. I'm making a note of this for next version right *now*  ;)

Don't tease me NON.

A spiked mace could possibly be a good weapon that would automatically bash reanimated corpses when it deals the killing blow so that they stay down. Maybe make it a little slower weapon with only average damage to compensate for it's benefit. It could also stun other normal enemies or maybe a bonus to squash smaller enemies like the spiders and rats. Something to make it a good weapon to switch to at the right time, but not one you would use as your main weapon. Also only found in the dungeon. Player shouldn't start with it.

NON

• High Priest
    • View Profile
    • Infra Arcana
    • Email
« Reply #352 on: June 18, 2017, 05:44:10 PM »
Don't tease me NON.

Hey Legend, I've got something for you ;) (I don't know why this took me several years to add...)

Happy is the tomb where no wizard hath lain and happy the town at night whose wizards are all ashes.

Legend

• Protector of the @
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #353 on: June 18, 2017, 07:24:27 PM »
 :o  Can't wait to start bashing zombies and cultists into a pulpy mess.  ;D

getter77

• Global Moderator
  • Protector of the @
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 19, 2017, 12:48:55 PM »
Nice~  8)
Brian Emre Jeffears
In Training