I've just registered my entry for my very first 7DRL, 7d Koboldicide.
I'll be using python 2.7 + libtcod, and I'll build upon a framework I've been playing around with since I found the libtcod tutorial.
My elevator pitch AKA realistic goals:
- ASCII graphs [done]
- no stats, just skills gained through use [done and not done : leveling is through items]
- 4-button + direction interface [done]
- realistic inventory (no 10-feet poles somehow hidden inside your chainmail bikini) [semi-done. there are bugs]
- self-contained story [kinda?]
- overworld + dungeons [done + done]
my unrealistic goals (things I want but won't promise):
- AI that cooperates to trap, ambush and kill the player [as expected, not done.]
- gamepad support (probably not gonna be able of doing it in libtcod) [not done also.]
And.. that's it! I'll try to finish the framework tomorrow and begin either Sunday or Monday.
end result: https://github.com/kalaeth/7DKoboldicide/blob/after_fixes/7DKoboldiide_win_fixes.rar (win executable. linux executable available at the github page too)
(I'll use this thread to post updates throughout the 7DRL)
edit: changed link to bug fixed version
new edit : newer versions. I can do a thread in another sub-forum, since this is a post 7DRL version, but I'll still update the latest version here.