So I've been working on it for quite some time now. Although it's not 100% pure roguelike I thought some of you might like it. The only exceptions from Berlin Definition are: not ASCII, not turn/grid based. I would prefer to keep it that way so to be safe we're trying to use roguelite/action-roguelike tags as well I plan on posting updates about the development from time to time. Hope you'll like it
On the face of this wretched world there is a gaping wound. The Sanctuary, once glorious, now forsaken, hides secrets of forgotten machinery. Magical matter is born there when spacetime ripples and loses its meaning... and at the heart of it all is an anomaly. A tree shrouded in a mystical liquid, luring those brave enough with its promises of greatness. Do you dare seek its power? Do you wish to drink from the Soulblight?
Soulblight is a dark topdown roguelite built around the literal meaning of RPG. Instead of XP grinding, it introduces a unique Taint System. While traveling through the shattered reality of the Sanctuary, you will receive personality traits based on your choices. These will be the main source of your strength. To harness them, you will have to act accordingly. Becoming an alcoholic means that you will be rewarded for getting drunk, but from that point being sober might prove to be unbearable.
- A unique Taint System designed to encourage role playing.
- Tons of weapons, armor, and utility items.
- Dynamic and tactical combat build around stamina management and distance control.
- Optional stealth approach that complements fighting.
- Randomly generated, visually breathtaking levels.
- High difficulty level emphasized by permadeath mechanics.
- Gameplay-driven narrative.
Soulblight on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/530930